Chief of Party: Haiti Livestock Activity
Job ID 433
Heifer Project International is seeking qualified applicants for a Chief of Party* for an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock Project in Haiti. The goal of the Livestock project is to diversify incomes and increase community resilience by improving the livestock sector (cattle, poultry, goats, sheep, eggs, and dairy) in targeted regions in Haiti.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management and representation of the project. H/She will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the project and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. H/She will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, outcomes and sustainability of the project.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assumes overall leadership, strategy development, management oversight, and technical direction for project and subsequent activities;
- Serves as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, host country governments, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors;
- Provides overall leadership and supervision of senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees;
- Responsible for the overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaises with project teams to ensure technical coordination;
- Leads the strategic engagement of the communities and local partners in program activities;
- Ensures that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate;
- Oversees program work planning, budget, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications;
- Identifies issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments; and
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
The position, at a minimum, requires:
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in international development work managing all integrated aspects of complex programs of similar scale, with a particular emphasis on livestock-related programming
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Business, International Development or other related field is required
- At least 8 years of supervisory experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team.
- Prior experience working in Haiti or Caribbean
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills with host country government staff, local and donor counterparts, and other implementing partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English and French is required
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.