Livestock Technical Director: Haiti Livestock Activity
Job ID 435
Heifer Project International is seeking qualified applicants for a Livestock Technical Director* for an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock Project in Haiti. The goal of the Livestock project is to diversify incomes and increase community resilience by improving the livestock sector (cattle, poultry, goats, sheep, eggs, and dairy) in targeted regions in Haiti.
The Livestock Technical Director will closely collaborate with the Chief of Party to ensure successful technical delivery of project. H/She will be responsible for successfully managing and implementing one or more project components of the proposed project.
The key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the COP to ensure H/Her respective project component(s) achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives.
- Lead technical delivery of H/Her respective project component(s) by working closely with project beneficiaries and stakeholders that include private sector umbrella groups, farmer groups, lead firms, local government representatives.
- Oversee H/Her project delivery team that will consist of both LTTA/STTA staff that will be tasked with contributing to the project goals of increasing sector productivity through collaboration with government/regulatory officials to address enabling environment challenges and linkages with the local and international private sector stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of project strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, reports, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support efforts to collaborate, learn and adapt with internal and external collaborators, adapting program component(s) as needed to optimize results per learning and contextual changes.
- Ensure that H/Her project component(s) activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget.
The position, at a minimum, requires:
- At least fifteen (12) years of experience in international development work managing all integrated aspects of complex programs of similar scale, with a particular emphasis on livestock-related programming
- Extensive knowledge and experience in addressing livestock productivity challenges that include supporting services (financing/certifications), infrastructure, regulatory best practices, value addition etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Business, International Development or other related field is required
- At least 8 years of supervisory experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team.
- Prior experience working in Haiti or Caribbean
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills with host country government staff, local and donor counterparts, and other implementing partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English and French is required
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.