Job ID 911
Passing Gifts Private Limited (PGPL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heifer International USA and it provide services in educating, consulting, training, advising, and providing professional and technical services to individuals, associations, and entities in India and abroad, particularly those who support or are working in the areas of social advancement and sustainable development.
PGPL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Accountable for following financial and accounting aspects of the country program office and process of routine financial transactions in accordance with PGPL policies and procedures.
Accountable for ensuring financial transactions are completed in a timely manner and filed properly along with proper supporting documentation.
Accountable for processing cash/bank transactions and ensure data entry in Agresso along with proper supporting documents.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Honest, accountable, professional judgement, detail-oriented, efficient, organized, self starter and dependable.
(Including approximate percentage effort)
- Responsible for ensuring that all transactions are timely recorded with adequate supporting documents and compliance to in-country/HQ policies.
- Verification of bills in coordination with responsible team for required supporting documents.
- Payment to vendors are timely made and vendor database is updated.
- Ensure arithmetic accuracy of bills,
- Staff advances are disbursed and settled in a timely manner
- Ensure that all taxes, provident fund and related deductions are made and deposited in required institutions on time
- Timely entry of transactions into Agresso ensuring compliance with local requirements and HQ APPs and Procedures
- Calculate Tax from the payments, maintain Tax register, prepare treasury challan and deposit to the Bank.
- Support in Tax statutory, report to Tax authority in stipulated time.
- Coordination with Admin department for traveling to bank for all bank related transactions are completed.
Manage a functional and organized office filing system to ensure that the project documents and records are appropriately filed and secured for easy retrieval. (15%) I.
- Effective filing system is in place in the office and transactions are serially filed.
- File financial documents appropriately in physical and digital form for the relevant month when transactions posted in ERP.
- Ensure cash/cheques received are safely kept in locker/vault.
- Proper reference numbers in all outward letters of Finance Department are maintained
Education and/ or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related fields is required, plus minimum 2-year experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Good understanding of Accounting Principles.
- Strong vouching, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Computer proficient in accounting software, ERP, word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail, and internet (Microsoft preferred).
- Sound in English and Hindi, both spoken and
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work on a flexible
- Motivated to work responsibly with little
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in Bengali and English.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation.