Disability Attorney - Texas Based (DFW, Houston) (Remote)
Would you like to join a dynamic, rapidly growing legal team helping clients repair their broken lives? Heard and Smith, LLP was founded on the principles of compassion, humility and the relentless desire to pursue financial assistance for our clients. Our law firm has been helping the disabled for over 30 years and has a proven record.
Do you have a heart for those in need? We are a National Social Security Disability Law Firm based in San Antonio, Texas. We are seeking a licensed full time staff attorney to join our team. Being part of the Heard and Smith team is more than a job; each day provides you with opportunities to change someone’s life! We offer:
- Fast-paced, and professional environment;
- Fulfilling, challenging, and rewarding;
- Great team environment;
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off;
- Great Medical Benefits Package;
- Competitive Salary with 401(k) and Profit Sharing!
As a Disability Attorney you will provide legal advice to clients and prepare for and present at disability hearings before Administrative Law Judges. Legal writing is an important part of the job, at the ALJ and Appeals Council levels.
Position to be based in Dallas or Houston Texas areas and will also require travel to hearings in other cities and states. The preferred candidate will have a 1-3 years of experience practicing Social Security disability law.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 1-3 years Social Security Disability Law
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Reliability and dependability
Minimum Requirements for a Remote Attorney Home Office:
- Fast internet connection (20MB+)
- Wired Ethernet cable Internet connection in your home office
- Land line telephone or good cell phone signal in home office
- Quiet home office with no distractions during business hours
The firm provides the following to our Remote Attorneys working from Home:
- Laptop & Printer
- Remote Internet Wi-Fi access card (for use during business travel)
- Monthly cell phone stipend