Graphic Designer - Marketing Operations, Grand Central Publishing
Grand Central Publishing is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Operations department to create digital and print content and materials. The design work created will support marketing efforts for a wide range of titles and vary from designed content for social media platforms to advertising, packaging, promotional items, and other print collateral.
This role works closely with the marketing and editorial teams translating ideas into compelling visual designs that promote our books, authors, and brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Marketing Operations to design and manage projects across print and digital platforms
- Work collaboratively with marketing teams to conceptualize projects and execute designs effectively and efficiently
- Design engaging content including shareable graphics, animations, videos, newsletters, digital and print ads, promotional items etc., while being aware of file constraints and specifications unique to various social platforms
- Design corporate presentations and pitch packets in PowerPoint
- Design sales and marketing materials for conventions and cons, including large-scale banners, posters, digital ads, and program advertising
- Keep current with trends and best practices in social media, web development, email marketing, advertising, and mobile strategies
- Research and recommend compelling digital content that increases consumer engagement and acquisition across web and social channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a Graphic Design role
- Up to date and fluent with Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in PowerPoint
- Experience with video editing and animation a plus
- Creative, adaptable, highly organized, motivated, and possessing a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multi-task to keep numerous projects on track in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to present concepts, results, and actionable plans to colleagues, clients, and vendors
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing best practices, tactics, and strategies
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The compensation for this position is $55,000. Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects.
The following benefits are offered by the company: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, hospital indemnity, long-term care, health and dependent care FSA, commuter benefit plan, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, travel assistance, 401(k), discretionary bonus program, PTO (15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 10 holidays and generous sick leave) and group discounts on auto and home insurance and legal services. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification, hours worked and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms.