Junior Designer/Designer, Grand Central Publishing
The Grand Central Publishing- Art department is seeking to hire a Junior Designer or Designer. Applicant must be mature, highly organized, efficient, conscientious, and possess the ability to multi-task. The Junior Designer or Designer will work in a highly creative, friendly and teamwork-oriented art department and will interact heavily with art directors, designers, editorial, managing editorial, publicity, production and marketing departments to ensure timely workflow, department deadlines and interdepartmental requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing and formatting cover design (flaps/back ads and creating digital formats for eBooks) for both hardcover and paperback titles for the GCP Adult Trade list.
- Copy submission coordination with Managing Editorial department.
- Mechanical designing and routing.
- Pre-press work and color corrections for jacket files going to the printer.
- Attending weekly production meetings.
- Photo / Art research.
- Cover design assignments pending completion of other job requirements.
- Working on Reprint Corrections on Mechanicals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have portfolio link with sample work included with resume.
- 1-3 years of experience in publishing art department.
- Mac platform skills with mastery of current Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Working knowledge of AfterEffects, Animation and other Microsoft operating systems a plus, but not necessary.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.