Xaxis | Senior Manager, Product
Overview of job
Xaxis is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Product to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for the entire suite of products from Xaxis through innovating, project managing, productizing, partnership assessments as well as training and support of products. This will be a Regional role requiring the individual to work closely across 15 APAC markets.
Products will be assigned dynamically on a project basis derived from Global product pipeline and quarterly/annual business priorities.
Xaxis works in partnership with GroupM agencies to provide programmatic outcome media solutions for its clients across digital platforms. The Product Team is crucial for developing, testing and launching best in class solutions for GroupM’s clients across the purchase funnel.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Regional Product Director, APAC
3 best things about the job:
- Holistic exposure and learning of programmatic: an ever-evolving and exciting industry, the role will be working across different departments, teams and clients.
- International exposure: Opportunity to work with 15 different markets across Asia Pacific, and the global teams in New York, London and LATAM.
- Xaxis focuses on providing leading technology enabled media solutions. You’ll be working on the latest that WPP/GroupM has to offer in digital media technology.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Gain an in depth understanding of the programmatic landscape and content native landscape
- Gain an in depth understanding of Xaxis, product suites, including positioning, key USPs and product uptake in each local market
- Established relationships across departments client development, partnership & supply, insights & analytics, strategy, operations & trading, marketing as product building requires collaboration across teams
- Established relationships and regular interaction across Asia Pacific markets to understand nuances of each of the 15 markets and state of programmatic evolution
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all internal Xaxis dashboards and platforms
In six months:
- Start to take on and lead product initiatives
- Manage, maintain and train teams on plista products across the region
- Proactively provide support and guidance to markets on assigned products
- Test, learn and troubleshoot campaigns to improve the product and share knowledge with teams and departments
- Clear understanding of campaign operations, publisher operations, and platforms from start to end of plista
- Develop a strong understanding of native competitors in Asia and local markets
- Liaise closely with Global product teams for assigned product initiatives for cross collaboration and pollination of ideas, and highlight APAC roadmap and needs resolution
- Clearly outline local market product needs and APAC product pipeline prioritization based on identified in-market challenges and market-specific product innovation
- Identify native partnerships on both demand and supply perspective
- Identify best in-class project management framework, process or tool and roll it out across the product team
- Develop an understanding of key regional clients’ product needs
- Develop a framework for closer communication and collaboration between the Regional product team and Local markets
In 12 months:
- Complete ownership of assigned products. Lead and project manage assigned products with minimal supervision
- Has owned at least one product from ideation to launch: Outlined positioning, lead testing, benchmarked right in-market pricing, operationalized all components of product including measurement, project managed roll out across APAC, designed training program, commercialized product with marketing, supported markets for launch and post launch.
- Become a true native programmatic advertising expert
- Create training educational programs from start to end for Xaxis’ products
- Take initiative to explore potential partners and innovative solutions for Xaxis’ products to grow business revenue or solve market challenges
- Drive conversation with partners, internal teams and Global teams to build products
- Pitch support to client development teams regionally or in-market on assigned products
- Established strong relationship with internal teams, and successfully completed at least one project which required high-level of collaboration
Responsibilities of the role:
- Understanding the programmatic industry, then specializing in digital native and content
- Understanding market nuances between Asia Pacific markets from Southeast Asia to North Asia to emerging markets like India and developed markets like Australia
- Project managing, troubleshooting and operationalizing Xaxis’ products from the beginning and when the product is launched, by working across departments from client development, trading, operations, insights and analytics and marketing
- Communicating effectively on upcoming product enhancements and improvements across departments and local markets
- Working closely with global team across departments to ensure APAC requirements are in the roadmap and resolved
- Working closely with local markets to understand their needs and challenges, and provide a high-level action plan
- Collaborating with the marketing team and client development team to commercialize product
- Supporting the Product Director in developing partnerships within groupM and externally that drives value for our clients
- Analyzing the financials of Xaxis’ products to launch products at right pricing and track the health of enabled products
- Creating a competitor analysis to understand competition and differentiate Xaxis’ products
- Supporting the Product Director to explore innovative solutions and strategies for Top 10 clients
- Learn and understand internal business tools and platforms
- Develop and implement success strategies for Xaxis products in APAC, with an understanding of the region, ecosystems and current trends for campaigns
- Manage a product roadmap and prepare clear functional requirements for products and features
- Consult on product strategy by gathering and analyzing needs, prioritizing requirements, budgeting, stakeholder identification and planning
What you will need:
- At minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 7 year+ work experience at the minimum
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Highly organized with strong business acumen and excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable to work in a dynamic cross-cultural environment
- Highly collaborative and a team player with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and reposition to start on new initiatives with quick turnaround timelines
- Passion for digital advertising and technology with a hunger to learn.
- Demonstrate curiosity and creative problem-solving skills
- Positive and resolution-driven
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel & Powerpoint
Smart companies are successful because they eliminate the complexities in their services, making it easier for consumers to achieve an outcome. Despite years of disruption, confusion and operational risks in programmatic media, Xaxis is putting a stake in the ground to do the same with the programmatic industry. Specifically, it is pioneering what it means for the advertising industry to offer simplicity and accountability to clients. Xaxis vision is built on the application of its expertise, data, algorithms, technology and media investments to assume risks and drive measurable outcomes for clients. For more information, please visit: www.xaxis.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.