Wavemaker | Client Lead - Digital
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Client Partner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for running a portfolio of high-profile brands with services scope focused on client delivery (client delight, trusted advisor, engaging with the senior clients & strong health of the relationship), communications strategy and media campaign implementation management, by harnessing your amazing insight, analytics and strategy skills.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: General Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Working with one of the best units not only in the Wavemaker India but also in the Wavemaker Global fold & in GroupM India. It will need you to be resourceful, be driven as well, as can drive your teams to newer heights and create your own new stellar success stories
- You get to wear multiple hats – the brand expert, the creative storyteller, the analytical wizard, the digital expert & the communication-planning expert. This will have both its days of heady achievement, as well as days of frustration as the job is not easy and there are many competitors who are trying as much as you to be the clients trusted advisor
- You get to work with a great bunch of peers who will both inspire and challenge you, as well as be ace up your sleeves for the growth
In this role, your goals will be: In three months:
- Establish leadership stance among key partners, both on client and agency side.
- Translate the client’s needs into clear direction and leadership for all Wavemaker and GroupM resources working on the account
- Become completely familiar with the client’s organizational structure, planning process, marketing calendar and the needs of key partners
- Understand the Wavemaker way of working and can navigate through the verticals
In six months:
- Be the recognized trusted advisor, execute “media first” innovations and deliver exceptional returns on investment and effort
- Handling clients & teams independently
- Working out plan for the next wave/leap of growth
In 12 months:
- Understand the group’s vision of ‘New Me’ and its implication on business
- Work on award entries, which GroupM leads our industry
- Expand the range of non-traditional media investments the client makes, and to be the go-to person for all matters connected to media in the local market. To continually delight the client
- Build client satisfaction by soliciting feedback and operating like a consultant
- Be our clients most valued business partner, famous for inspiring people and special outcomes
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Financial performance of the client cluster – meeting overall revenue targets and ensuring profitability of the cluster. Would need to focus on opportunities for higher-order value added services. Will be responsible for leading scope of work & fee/commission negotiations with clients and implementing “smart contracting” practices to ensure we are rightfully compensated for our efforts.
- Acts as a client visionary by bringing a highly valued perspective to the client based on a deep understanding of their business, issues and opportunities. Should be able to lead strategic conversations on Media and communication planning
- Work with Managing Partner and FD on quarterly budget reviews to deliver and exceed targets set.
- Lead the charge on developing the roadmap for data science, insight lead and end-to-end measurable and impactful comms strategies and media plans to deliver on Clients business objectives
- Help build stronger and even award-winning media interventions on the back of a structured comms planning approach, and help lead the client into more effective Media journey.
- Inspire the client with sound media knowledge and ideas and become their trusted media advisor.
- 3. Product quality- Engage with, and orchestrate the various specialist functions to deliver a superior quality of product to the client. Will have to monitor & drive all elements that lead to client incentives. Other measures of success include Industry awards and upstream engagement on projects.
- 4. Agency climate and people management - Managing the staffing plan for the cluster, driving recruitment & retention of key talent. This would include identifying training needs for team members Create an atmosphere where cross-functional teams work together effectively. Handle and motivate your team to effectively deliver to client needs and company goals. Ensure timely team appraisals and clear development goals for team members; identify and follow through on appropriate training and career development for the team
What you’ll bring:
- In depth understanding of all communication channels and how they inter-relate.
- Strong analytical skills and can use data to solve problems.
- Understands strategic planning and broad implications on costs and timing.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with the decision makers of organizations.
- Significant proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners.
- Shows a depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in senior level client conversations.
- Understands business principles and good practice and perceives issues in both financial and commercial terms.
- Has to have PACE – Passionate Agile Collaborative & Entrepreneurial (for more refer annexure at end of this note)
- Post Graduate degree in Mass Communication/ Mass Media/Marketing from a reputed institution/university with min 10-12 years of work experience
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.