Mindshare | Director, Client Leadership
Mindshare Sri Lanka
Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for the Director – Client Leadership to join us. In this role, you will be responsible as Client Leader, supporting & managing for the profitable and efficient running of each account through the allocation of resources, process and systems across the portfolio
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to General Manager - Mindshare
3 best things about the job:
This position affords the opportunity to work for a globally networked client which uses a very robust proprietary marketing-oriented planning framework
2. This client is a leading innovator in the industry and thirsty for market-first innovations
3. Ability to further your career in markets
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Grasped the client portfolio operationally and ensure that day-to-day client servicing needs are met.
- Demonstrated to direct reports (Managers, Planners, Senior Buyers) the capability and know-how to guide them and to add value to what they do on a day-to-day basis.
In six months:
- Fostered strong client relationships across the client portfolio for self and team and already have a strong understanding of the client’s key business requirements
- Demonstrated the ability to guide and coach team, helping them improve their strategic thinking skills and capabilities as well as their digital, data and content knowledge.
In 12 months:
- Demonstrated the ability to develop and diversify clients and translate them into commercial opportunities
- To expand the range of non-traditional media investments the client makes, and to be the go-to person for all matters connected to media in the local market. To continually delight the client
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
Client Leadership & Management
- Foster strong client relationships and develop strong understanding of the client’s business.
- Provide strategic input to team and lead the delivery of strategic and innovative solutions to clients.
- Create digital transformative environment within the network with best of global knowledge adopt in local level.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of media and market trends and opportunities and apply them to the client’s business.
- Foster strong relationships with working partners, both internal and external, to deliver collaborative and integrated solutions to clients.
- Ensure that the delivery of work across all functions is to standards.
- Lead in contract negotiations, competitive and media market reviews, cost savings exercises, client appraisals of the agency and client business review sessions.
Team Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate team to effectively deliver to client needs, team and company goals.
- Ensure timely team appraisals and clear development goals for team members; identify and follow through on appropriate training and career development for team members.
- Guide and coach the team to improve their skill sets and capabilities.
- Support in managing the recruitment and retention of direct reports including building business cases for resources and closing the loop on HR/admin requirements
Business and commercial support
- Lead client planning encompassing client business reviews and development strategies to support overall business plans.
- Develop and implement initiatives that help diversify portfolio revenues and increase revenues for portfolio.
- Support in new business development by leading and/or supporting new business pitches.
- Support the agency’s competitiveness and visibility in the market through attendance of industry functions, creating portfolio publicity and contributing to award entries.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 10+ years of relevant media experience
- Proven media team leadership experience
- Strong experience in regional media operations
- More than 6 years’ experience as the senior contact on key accounts that the main services focus on media plans and key tactics.
- Sound knowledge of the digital landscape and able to consult clients on digital planning
- Broad background, exposure to and experience in the entire research, planning and implementation process.
- Excellent grasp of communications strategy with a full understanding of how media and digital works and key advertising principles.
- Good organizational skills in handling a number of projects at the same time, being able to set priorities, keep to deadlines, work effectively under time pressure.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills as well as strong selling skills.
- Appreciation and ability to interpret numbers and data.
- A good rapport with colleagues across all divisions, clients, other agencies and media owners.
- Expertise in all relevant industry software and system
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
About Sri Lanka
GroupM Sri Lanka is a key influencer in the country’s exciting and rapidly evolving media landscape. The digital scenario has seen exponential growth supported by the lowest data charges in the world, coupled by one of the fastest mobile internet speeds in South Asia, Sri Lanka’s internet penetration is currently over 25%, and claims a mobile penetration of over 100%. The media industry in Sri Lanka is in an invigorating place and time, with GroupM well positioned as a platform for its people to make waves in the industry. The GroupM Sri Lanka teams are a true reflection of Sri Lankan warmth, hospitality and comradeship which extends well beyond the marketing space with several successful CSR initiatives.