Wavemaker | Client and Communications Manager
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Client & Communications Manager to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible fordeveloping strong communication recommendations across all channels and many brands to deliver great results for your clients, effectively using all Wavemaker specialists for an integrated solution. You will have a strong track record in delivering tangible business results for clients, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and team members. At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Group Business Director
3 best things about the job:
1. Part of a high performing and engaged Wavemaker client team
2. Access to key senior talent from all parts of the business and other agencies
3. A client looking to be challenged with great opportunities for quality thinking and opportunities beyond spots and dots
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Build trust and a close relationships with your clients who feel confident in your abilities and point of view
- Provide input on key presentation/s that have been insightful & easy for the client
to buy into
- Be an expert on the clients’ business proactively engaging and actively shaping the quality of the Wavemaker delivery
- Have a passion for the role that is felt through our agency business
- Contribute to the effective running of day to day client briefs
In six months:
- Producing high quality responses that will standout not just for the client but
within in our industry
- Providing constructive & regular feedback to the team on their performance
- Client scores (Vantage) are favourable based on you and your teams’ performance
In twelve months:
- A key contributor through the team through annual planning
- Contributing to the delivery of a business plan that delivers success to the client and secures Wavemaker’s client relationship; leading client, product, people, commercial and profile initiatives.
- Able to work with the client in an effective but also efficient way that still produces
great work and client relationship scores
- Growing into the role that has given you great personal satisfaction
- Considered a ‘business’ leader for the client and for Wavemaker, providing solutions that deliver a tangible business benefit for both client and agency
- Deliver against the client needs in a style which makes your client consider you their most valued business partner & ultimately buy into the plans with minimal changes
- Understanding how to sell in the ideas & our services which will show Wavemaker off as an agency partner for our clients.
- Working with the Director on budget management / working alongside investment team on finance process.
- Providing expertise in planning and understanding the role of all channels and what they
could do for your clients’ business, so you bring the right teams internally together with the right solutions.
- Contributing consistently to the growth of the Wavemaker business in conjunction with the Management Team
What you’ll bring:
- A team player and an inspirational leader – we want passionate people
- Expertise in all channel planning
- Strong digital knowledge
- Self-motivated, creative and solutions focused.
- A POV on the media business
- Confident at managing external stakeholders
- Great client service skills in terms of relationship and management of realistic workflow in/out of the agency
- Awards/Industry recognition
- Strong presentation development and presenting skills
- A minimum of 6 years in the industry
- Strong understanding of media landscape, channel planning and implementation
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About GroupM Australia
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.