WAVEMAKER | General Manager, Tiffany, North Asia
General Manager (Shanghai)
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Our mission is “Let's make the Future” – at a time when market and customer behaviour is disrupted 24/7, we never stop evolving to help clients grow.
We are currently looking for a General Manager to join us, based in Shanghai.
As the General Manager, you will lead the operation of multiple accounts across industries and sectors, via strategic business solutions. It requires strong leadership, cutting-edge integrated media expertise, project management skills as well as communication and people management skills.
3 best things about the job:
- You will have the opportunity to develop an effective leadership style, and be responsible for your team’s delivery end-to-end in our client relationships through working on internationally connected accounts, across all specialisms including strategy, content, performance and ecommerce.
- To help you achieve this, you will be mentored by leading members of the agency team in China (CEO, MD, COO and CSO) and your peers in the international network of excellence on the business.
- New business is the heart of any agency from developing our thinking and execution to growing the agency reputation; as such this role will have opportunities to tap into and collaborate with a group of brilliant talents for new business development.
- Building trusted partnerships with client(s) and client satisfaction
- Revenue and profit growth
- Effective team and stakeholders management
Reporting line for the role
This role reports to the MD. The General Manager should lead and guide the team in the area of client servicing, media planning and project management. Also, this role needs to leverage internal expertise of Wavemaker and GroupM China to provide quality service to client.
PRIMARY GM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all phases of the media planning process from strategy development, to briefing, activation, optimization and performance reporting
- Manage the analytics with the internal teams to continue to build internal benchmarks in conjunction with identifying luxury industry benchmarks to guide future plan strategy setting
- Have a strong grasp of the media landscape and be able to recommend sound strategies rooted in consumer insights to deliver optimal channel mix recommendations
- Manage and adopt Global Media Guidelines to best reflect changing media landscape in the market to help Tiffany & Co establish itself as the Next Generation Luxury Jeweler
- Develop systems for reviewing and giving feedback back to the region to ensure global guidelines are being adhered to
- Recommend media budgets/ media spend thresholds by key media platform by campaign
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the digital & social media landscape through guidance given to our marketing and creative teams, establishing recommendations, measurement plans and setting test and learn opportunities
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship across multi-functional teams, both the region and the local team. Be able to forge and foster agency network and external partner relationships to drive Tiffany business forward
- Synergize with PR on major initiatives and 360 campaigns. Oversee digital custom integrations & influencer collaborations through media partnerships
- Coordinate with the internal teams to ensure timely and accurate depiction of media activity. Responsible for consolidating all data sets into various reports.
- Keep current with industry news, digital trends, platforms and experiences that can inform Brand’s activation planning and drive innovation and performance.
- Showcase strong collaboration and leadership skills. Be able to adapt to different audiences and adjust accordingly
- Create, manage and grow our partnerships with external media and media analytics partners.
· At least 15+ years in media previous agency experience mandatory (4 years undergraduate degree in marketing, media, communications or related field is mandatory; Masters preferred)
· Experience working with luxury brands
· Strong knowledge of digital and social and emerging technologies
· Management of media budgets across
· Previous global experience a plus
· Strong creativity and communication skills
· Highly organized individual who is able to work independently when needed and assist VP throughout brand engagement matters
· Must be able to set and adjust priorities independently
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Solid interpersonal and communication skills
· Strict financial stewardship and oversight
· Must be able to adapt to various work styles
Tasks & Measurements
In three months:
- Developed a strong understanding of client’s business and structures – both locally and regionally/globally, to be the key point of contact for all China related topics.
- Begun to clearly influence and adapt the plans and approaches and setting the direction for the coming year.
- Developed a strong working relationship with your team, setting the culture & expectations on what great looks like.
- Quickly familiarise with assigned clients and products and their marketing opportunities and challenges.
- Establish trusted relationship key stakeholders internally and externally.
In six months:
- Implemented areas of enhancement/optimization to deliver better service and work standards to the client from across the agency, and effective, efficient and compliant internal processes.
- Ensure Wavemaker is regarded as a communication planning expert, with creativity to develop big ideas, in a digitally centric world.
- Be a true leader of your team and wider agency functional/specialist teams and fully gained their trust and respect.
In 12 months:
- Effectively managing the team and client partnership, from building the business growth plan for the coming year, to resourcing and development needs
- Set the benchmark for these clients in Wavemaker China and globally, and therefore ensure that they are seeing as leading the world in their own rights
- Be resourceful and independent in identifying the right solutions for issue resolutions
- Proactively develop and implement new working models and customized product solutions for clients
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a new kind of global agency delivering transformative solutions through media, content and technology for some of the world’s biggest brands. We have an unrivalled collection of purchase journey data, over 500.000 journeys across 40 markets and 80 categories, and deploy our purchase journey expertise to spot opportunities and problems at every stage of the customer cycle and turn both into growth. Our 8,600 Wavemakers in 90 countries are diverse, integrated and leading-edge, from trading specialists to data scientists, ecomms experts to award-winning content creators. In China, we have 900 staff in 5 offices, with a client portfolio including Huawei, Daimler, Danone, CHANEL, Pfizer and Xiaohongshu.
Our mission is ‘Let’s make the Future’ – at a time when market and customer behaviour is disrupted 24/7, we never stop evolving to help clients succeed. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. For more, see www.wavemakerglobal.com
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $113B in annual media investment through agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM creates competitive advantage for advertisers via its worldwide organization of media experts who deliver powerful insights on consumers and media platforms, trading expertise, market-leading brand-safe media, technology solutions, addressable TV, content, sports and more.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm