This role sits at the heart of how we apply our Wavemaker systems, tools, thinking and creativity. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated leader with business acumen to deliver best in class media analytics, measurement, dashboard, algorithms, and relevant ad tech solutions to our APAC clients, focusing on Southeast Asia.
You will be an expert at leveraging data, a leader in measurement and performance optimization, a champion of effectiveness, a great storyteller, and a trustworthy adviser for both internal and external stakeholders. Your role will be critical to advocate the role of analytics in driving purchase journey insight, audience planning and optimizing performance of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to:
- Rose Huskey (Southeast Asia CEO) to ensure client accountability
- Henry Wang (China Chief Product Officer) to ensure analytics & solution delivery quality
3 best things about the job:
- You will be integral in building the data & analytics hub for Southeast Asia, working with the WM APAC management team
- You will work with a rich set of data from media to CRM to sales to synthesize into a coherent data pool and generate insights from it.
- You will develop bespoke tools and solutions to meet existing data demand, working with our global and regional network for ideas exchange
In this role, your goals will be:
In six months:
- Lead client communication and presentation when it comes to analytics in Southeast Asia, including but not limited to media measurement online and offline, statistic modelling, digital dashboard deployment and interpretation, web analytics, digital tracking and ad tech consultancy.
- Proactively field & deliver on analytics project and manage a team of analyst(s), working with market media teams to craft bespoke solutions
- Understand and articulate client’s data requirements to provide a comprehensive measurement regulatory frameworks for regional and local market
- Work with China Product & Analytics leadership to further enhance and streamline analytics offering and liaise with external partners to enhance our data & product roadmap
- Ensure on-time and on-cost delivery of analytics and data projects across clients
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Develop and execute Measurement & Data Frameworks specific to client and market needs, merging data sources across paid, owned and earned to have a unified view of marketing effectiveness.
- Improve automation of existing data transformation and visualization approach for reporting, to provide quicker and more sophisticated output
- Develop frameworks for Marketing & Digital Attribution, Testing and Experimentation across clients
- Generate insightful and actionable learnings around measurement and data projects to improve media performance and inform marketing decisions
- Work with data scientists to build models that learn and predict how to efficiently acquire and retain customers to have a better view of customer lifetime value
- Be the point person on consultancy related to Digital Attribution, Marketing Mix Modelling, and other measurement and optimization techniques
- Provide ad tech consultancy around the digital ecosystem of tracking, ad verification, data management platforms, CRM systems and web analytics solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a proven paid media or digital marketing analytics expert with 8+ years of analytics / measurement experience
- Sciences / engineering / CS / mathematics related degree preferred
- High affinity for numbers and excellent knowledge of technology of the digital advertising market
- Proven Business & Communication skills in English required
- Create & present client ready PowerPoints
- Have the ability to translate complex technical ideas into clear business big picture for our clients and agency users
- Media Measurement expert (online and offline)
- Digital Dashboard deployments & interpretation, a must. (Solid understanding of backend data integration as well as front end visualization)
- Provide interpretation of MMM results by working with data scientists and lead presentation to clients
- Ad operations, programmatic, social, search platform knowledge a strong nice to have
- Ad tech related experience in DMP and CRM management a strong nice to have
- A balanced assessor of solutions and a can-do attitude
- Be skilled in recognizing and supporting localization of process and frameworks from global or other regions
- Ready to work with other analytics and product specialists in region to create customize solutions
- Self-starter, and consistently exhibit curiosity and dynamism
- Demonstrate exceptional critical thinking and effective problem-solving skills.
- High standards of commitment and delivery.
- Track records of working & collaborating with remote teams
Skillsets: Advanced Google Analytics, coding ability (Python preferred), SQL, HTML, Excel Macro, dashboarding experience, ability to analyse log-level data.
Good to have experience in Datorama, Adverity, Google Data Studio, Google BigQuery, DCO platforms, Google Campaign Manager/Sizmek, Google platform certifications, basic statistics.
More about GroupM
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.