MediaCom | SEM Manager
Mediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a SEM Manager to join us. We’re looking for a top tier SEM Manager who can inspire and educate clients about the power of search-based marketing.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Mediacom is looking for a talented SEM Manager to join our growing, passionate, fast-paced, high performance specialist team, that takes a very different approach to typical media or search digital agencies. We act as digital media consultants that advise a portfolio of brands across a variety of verticals including automotive, retail, financial services and FMCG.
If you are a passionate, fast-moving individual, who seeks to develop and grow into a SEM consultant role; someone who’s keen to join a team of thinkers and doers and become a search leader within the wider media community, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a top tier SEM Manager, with experience across our three key pillars:
- Performance: Driving high ROI based on investment into paid search. Delivering effective CPAs across a wide range of touch points; store sales/visits, phone calls and online applications
- Strong strategic mind in developing effective search bid strategies or attribution models within platforms such as; Google Search Ads 360 (DoubleClick Search), Marin, Kenshoo, etc.
- Strong implementation skills and knowledge of the following platforms; Google Ads (AdWords), and YouTube True View Discovery
Best things about the job:
- Be a part of the wider media community which offer: Networking opportunities, publisher events, specialised media awards and much more.
- Extensive career training and development, giving you the knowledge and confidence needed for greatness.
- The perfect role to diversify your search skills - consult around non-SEM areas such as SEO, UX, media investment, planning and strategy.
In this role your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand the client’s business, goals and marketing objectives and effectively manage your SEM Executive/Assistant to complete work to the appropriate standard
- Be across Mediacom’s bespoke search technology, vision/purpose and be able to articulate services to the agency and clients.
In six months:
- Have established consultative relationships with clients and be delivering the results they need
- Teach, mentor and coach your SEM Executive/Assistant and build their career development plan
- Deliver a minimum of 3 SEM A/B tests and or BETA to advance current BAU activity
- Advancing current processes and/or systems to deliver better efficiencies and higher standards of work
- Be able to spot further SEM or YouTube biddable opportunities and drive them commercially.
In twelve months:
- Delivering on client CPA results and has grown Mediacom SEM revenue where possible
- Managing the SEM PNL of Mindshare Melbourne
- Delivering a SEM strategy within a media pitch
- Comfortable in working and managing the team autonomously.
What your day job looks like at Mediacom:
Strategy & Consulting:
- Diagnose a client’s current situation and their objectives
- Develop strategic SEM recommendations in line with client needs/brief
- Use Mindshare proprietary tools to understand consumer behaviours and then develop strategies and/or opportunities accordingly
Operations & Delivery:
- Grow strong relationships with all relevant client contacts
- Management of SEM Executive/Assistant work output based on client requests within weekly WIP meetings
- Control of the media financing process and overall pacing of the client’s SEM spend
- Ensure all work completed on time, at a high standard, and attention to detail
- Continuously working with the client and stakeholders (Google, Bing, etc)to develop and implement SEM tactics, BETAs and A/B tests
- Allocate clients budgets to maximize the client’s return on investment
Business Growth and Development:
- Be competent in spotting and driving opportunities for existing clients
- Manage your team’s revenue and finance process
- Work with Senior Management to address goals and KPIs
Process & Team Management:
- Be competent at keeping an internal WIP document up to date
- Ensure team members are completing work on time
- Ensure all SEM output is SOX compliant and timesheets are completed accurately
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring to SEM Executive/Assistant
- Conduct performance reviews with SEM Executive/Assistant where relevant in accordance to Mindshare processes and timelines
- Provide timely feedback to ensure all search deliverables are of a high-quality
- Assist in the recruitment of new Search Managers, Executives or Assistants
You will bring:
- Highly skilled in budget forecasting and management tools/dashboards
- Knowledge in scripts and or rules for optimum SEM automation
- Consultative skills with a passion of making the complex simple
- A demonstrably high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to support others in problem solving
- Usage and knowledge in media financing software such as BMD, Spectra, etc.
- Google Analytics and AdWords Individual Qualifications
- Account and team management experience
- Minimum 3 years of SEM experience, ideally with a minimum client spend of $50,000 per month
- Extensive usage and knowledge of SEM platforms e.g. Google Search Ads 360 (DoubleClick) Google Ads (AdWords), AdWords Editor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, IF functions)