GroupM | Client Lead
Client Lead will be responsible for running a portfolio of high-profile multinational brands working collaboratively with local, regional and global colleagues to deliver best in class service and delivery to the clients.
Leading the client relationship and maintenance of the quality of contracted services, lobbying additional assignments as well as developing an appetite for and building revenues from out-of-scope offerings and value add services are also core to the role.
Finally ensuring commitments made to clients are specific and deliverable, ideally exceeded!
The role will drive the rapid development of excellence and efficiency in our offering across our clients establishing the responsible agency as the industry leader for delivering growth to clients.
3 best things about the job:
- Responsibility for the professional growth of a committed team
- Big accounts with proper marketers at the client side
- Key strategic role in the agency's business
Measures of success –
In three months,
- Gained the respect of your team and the leadership team
- Created relationships with key clients
- Set your own agenda and road map for media
In six months,
- Met revenue and client satisfaction targets
- Ensured that each member of the team is has successfully followed up on their professional growth plan
In twelve months,
- Optimized the team structure as required
- Be described as our clients’ lead business partner across key accounts
- Lead a portfolio of high-profile multinational brands with services scope focused on communications planning and media campaign implementation management, by leveraging insights, analytics and your strategy skill set.
- Define the strategic approach on the account to meet the client’s business objectives and strategies and oversees the implementation of the annual planning in conjunction with the client team
- Support management for the profitable and efficient running of each account through the allocation of resources, process and systems across the portfolio.
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Deliver and manage effective and efficient client engagement at all levels within the account team.
- Own the end to end client interaction and engagement to ensure the long term success of the relationship
- Improve interfaces between planning, buying and digital teams
- Work together with the local Management Team and Global Account Teams to integrate our Planning & Buying approach to drive more effective and efficient solutions to clients
- Build capabilities in diversified offerings such as content, digital, analytics, etc.
- Identify, retain and develop talent at all levels in order to effectively deliver to the customer with operational excellence.
- Lead team on assigned business to deliver strong strategies consistently and constantly
- Manage and develop the team individually and collectively
- Maintain high level of motivation throughout team members
Qualifications and Requirements
- 7+ years of senior management experience
- Bachelors Degree in a business, numerical or analytical degree
- Ability to influence and manage senior client stakeholders (media managers, marketing directors and country heads)
- Demonstrable people management experience gained within a matrix management structure and specific capability at developing and sharing knowledge and developing team(s) and resource capabilities
- Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English
GroupM Japan is a part of the GroupM that leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.