Wavemaker | Media Director
Wavemaker South Korea
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for the growing business and lead a team. In this role, you will learn and be responsible for handling a reputable portfolio of luxury and FMCG clients on a local level.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Business lead and Lead of CHANEL team.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work for a well-known international brand in the luxury industry
- Work with talented colleagues across various digital media disciplines
- Learn about the Korean digital media landscape and learn more about data management
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You will go through an onboarding process to understand the processes and guidelines to the account and related tasks
- You will be introduced to all stakeholders and lead in current campaign operations
- You will start to manage digital executions together with your junior
In six months:
- Lead manipulate data and create charts for reports and depth insight develop
- Drive strong analytical skills with consideration to company/client objectives
In 12 months:
- Further innovative media solution and deep insights
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
• Develop media strategy, planning and execution ; incl. digital media
• Prepare presentations for high level clients and conduct research to support media rationale
• Deliver clear communication to clients and maintain good working relationships
• Conduct competitive analysis and provide market insights
• Lead a small team and provide on-going training to junior staffs
What you’ll bring:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, for liaising with colleagues, clients and media representatives
• Good understanding and command of media
• A good grasp of numeracy for data analysis
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Your capacity to work effectively under pressure
• A strong and genuine interest in media
• Minimum 10 years and expected to be more than 8 years relevant working experience in media planning, campaign execution or account service for international client and deep understanding of research (data)
• Fruitful background of media knowledge especially Digital (Incl. social, Display and SEM), TV and Magazine
• Solid experience in advertising is a must. Media is preferred
• Good leadership skills and Presentation in English and Korean
• Strong client communication skills in both English and Korean
• Excellent problem-solving skills, able to work independently
• Passionate in media, a motivated team member
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, MediaCom, MindShare and Wavemaker.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations with leading market positions.