GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for eCommerce Associate Director/ Director to join us.
We are looking for someone to drive the eCommerce transformation agenda and thought leadership for our clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the eCommerce and Business development Head
3 best things about the job:
- You will be integral in building best practices and eCommerce for the agency
- Be part of a fun and flexible work environment that combines the best of entrepreneurialism whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Develop bespoke tools and solutions to meet existing data demand, working with our global and regional network for ideas exchange
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You will be up to speed with GroupM eCommerce proposition, tools and client businesses
- Assess to marketplace opportunities and build our value proposition for the next 12 months, and able to articulate this confidently to new prospective and existing clients
- Manage key partner & internal relationships to drive strategic integration of the eCommerce product
In six months:
- Deliver the framework of eCommerce business execution which are setting up new business, and develop new products to support eCommerce solution.
- Building, exploring and engage eCommerce opportunities with new partnerships by coordinating with various business
- Successfully drive new growth and out-of-scope revenue for eCommerce consultancy work
- Analyze competitors and industry data regarding their competitiveness, products and financial Information by providing comparable analysis with own organization in both local and international market
- Provide financial info, marketing and operational analysis to support strategic decision-making regarding business/product development and improvement on eCommerce areas both internal organization and selected clients
In 12 months, you would have:
- Deliver proprietary GroupM eCommerce strategic framework and products on GroupM with stakeholders
- Manage overall partnership with strategic thinking
- Build a service level of GroupM eCommerce out of scope service to the group
- Identify new eCommerce trends and opportunities for business growth and implement action plans. Work closely with data & analytics and operations teams
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead ecommerce strategic initiatives, operational improvements and the implementation of eCommerce services
- Develop marketplaces proposals when required, around end-to-end precision activation to store management, helping brands deliver strong performance and growth.
- Apply insights and recommendations from proven best practice, while always considering fit and purpose for local consumers and marketplaces.
- Review competitive landscape and identify trends, adjusting plans and activities based upon identified information
- Work closely with key eCommerce marketplaces, and local eCommerce players to test new formats and innovations
What you will need:
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed goals
- Strong analytical skills managing large amounts of data and ability to turn insights into actions
- Strong experience in setting and monitoring KPIs and driving action plans to deliver improvements
- Experience in major local marketplaces (and international marketplaces is a plus) & ecommerce strategy development and implementation
- Advanced skills launching and managing products within eCommerce business platforms with strong communication
- Experience in omni-channel retail, ideally in FMCG, Finance, Travel & Tourism, electronic products and luxury verticals is a plus
- You should be culturally flexible and enjoy working with teams from across different teams
- Experience in marketplaces & eCommerce strategy development and implementation
- Experience in omni-channel retail, ideally in FMCG, electronic products and luxury verticals is a plus
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.