MediaCom | Investment Executive
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Marketplace Investment Executive to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of campaign objectives, ensuring that you are using data, technology, tools and creativity to help achieve this. You will be working across multimillion dollar cross channel campaigns that combine highly efficient and rigorously negotiated media with layers of impact and innovation that could include breakthrough integration into sport, complex API plugins to digital OOH or stunt style activations paired to elevate an otherwise simple station domination.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Investment Manager
3 best things about the job:
1. Opportunity to work extremely closely with amazing clients who are seeing huge success in rapidly changing categories. They are dynamic and short term and given the pace constant collaboration is key.
As they grow as a business so has their media spend and 2019 is going to be huge for their brands. Both business are above and beyond category leaders and consistently looking for ways to further innovate.
All creative is done at a local level so there is a huge amount of creative flexibility and opportunity. We work daily with their creative agency exploring ways to continue improving how we activate in market.
This year there is an increased focus on further engraining themselves into Australian culture- over the last few months alone we have done partnerships with the AFL Grand final, Qantas, the Australian Open, the Perth Fringe Festival and are working on many more.
2. You will have access to huge range of internal and external training catering for a diverse range of skills.
3. You will be part of a large team within Marketplace which will ensure you have a strong support network and endless opportunities to collaborate with peers within other client teams.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Attending client weekly WIPs
- Working collaboratively with other agency partners across all relevant aspects of planning and buying process
- When speaking with media owners, demonstrates knowledge of client’s challenges and priorities
In six months:
- Collating and presenting implementation responses and PCAs to client
- Leading implementation and buying on key campaigns once client sign off has been received
- Working closely with your co-ord to manage their workload as well identifying areas for growth and helping upskill them
In 12 months:
- Leading key processes with junior members of team
- Able to lead implementation responses on key briefs from start to finish. This will include the ability to demonstrate that through rigorous negotiation with media owners, optimal position has been achieved.
- Able to demonstrate a high strike rate across TV buys and have heavy involvement in conversations with auditors around results
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Run end to end investment projects across your client remit
- Contribute to daily or weekly team meetings to get across key priorities and delegate what is required to the team Co-ordinator
- Keep the manager updated on the day to day performance of junior team members
- Attend required training to enhance your skills
- Work with your manager to review publisher brief responses
- Arrange meetings with media owners, tech vendors, auditors amongst others to keep abreast of the latest opportunities for your clients
- Take ownership of any invoice queries ensure they are resolved or managed delivering an ongoing best in class approach to finance management
- Reconcile a completed campaign to ensure all value has been delivered and client KPIs met.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience in media planning and buying
- Knowledge of media channels and tools
- High levels of energy and a desire to deliver great work
- A willingness to learn and desire to challenge yourself
- Best in class attention to detail and accuracy
- A collaborative approach
- A team player attitude
- A willingness to go above and beyond
- Passion for the media industry and specifically the importance of investment in the process
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an agency investment role
- Competent in Spectra MD, eTam, eRam, Asteroid, AQX, TV Map, Optim8 and Curv8ture.
- Understanding of TV buying process including Holdings and Post.
- Track record of success in implementing campaigns across offline channels with accuracy
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.