Wavemaker | Associate Planning Director
Overview of job:
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the leading global media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Associate Planning Director to join us.
In this role, you will be a partner with planning team and external media partners to drive integrated solution. Proposing and implementing new ideas and product offerings.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Business Director
3 Best Things About The Job:
- Working with a high performing integrated media team to drive best in class digital channel planning and ROI for well-known local retail chain and renowned international brands.
- leadership skills through building and leading operation excellence for the team.
- A culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
In this role, your goals will be: In 3 months:
- Build good rapport with clients. Proactively participate in meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Competent in planning all digital channels and managing digital integration within the bigger communication plan.
- Own projection management, ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks.
- Rigor in setting and tracking campaign KPIs. Ensure effective and accurate optimisation and delivery of performance utilising all relevant internal teams, agency processes and tech.
In 6 months:
- Establish credibility by applying understanding of clients’ category/competitive landscape and marketing priorities in day to day communication. Actively lead meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Holistic digital thinking is carried across channel planning and drive innovative solutions beyond tried and tested with outcomes that can be clearly measured.
- Direct and mentor the team to drive operation excellence throughout project implementation.
- Strong ability to assess attribution of marketing activities to paid channel performance to optimise overall campaign performance.
In 12 months:
- Build trusted advisor relationship with clients. Able to support the broader strategic output for clients’ marcom needs and inject your digital specialization.
- Fully competent in developing and articulating a compelling digital strategy/approach to successfully sell in campaign recommendation or new initiatives.
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of channel plans and creative solutions that are planned holistically with the broader media mix.
What Your Day Looks Like In Wavemaker:
- Develop digital campaign approach and how everything integrates within the bigger communication strategy.
- Apply knowledge of Thailand media landscape and the role of digital channels to deliver compelling solutions.
- Drive strategic and tactical innovation across media platforms, including display, video, search, mobile, social and programmatic.
- Manage implementation and collaborate with media owners, agency partners and internal specialist teams to ensure all deliverables are met/launched on time.
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans and ensure the team deliver on agreed KPIs.
What You Need:
- At least 4 years of digital planning experience in media industry with integrated media planning capability and performance marketing experiences.
- Possess working knowledge of media planning, trading and buying process, with solid understanding of the digital channel landscape (Facebook & Adwords)
- Familiar with all the planning tools and market analysis, including consumer behavior study, competitors’ analysis
- Team management experience
- Proved client service capability
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Being innovative in providing the solution
- Strong thinking habit and proactive
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.