Wavemaker | Associate Media Director
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Associate Media Director to join us. In this role, you will be the heartbeat of the integrated business team and the main custodian of client service, managing their media investment across digital and offline channels. As an integrated media specialist, you should be confident in leading digital conversations with clients and possess strong offline media knowledge and relationship with media vendors in Singapore. You will lead integrated comms strategy planning and oversee campaign operation with the support of a team of managers and planners and consulting with Content and Digital specialist teams.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Group Account Director
3 Best Things About The Job:
- You will build and own trusted advisor relationship with clients that operate in the dynamic retail and luxury categories.
- Opportunity to be a self-starter and flex entrepreneurial skills to accelerate digital uptake with clients.
- A culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
Measures of Success
In 3-6 months:
- Client Relationship: Demonstrate good understanding of clients’ business and ability to apply this knowledge to proactively lead meeting discussions.
- Strategic Thinking and Presentation: Ensure holistic thinking is carried across channel planning with outcomes that can be clearly measured. Able to write and articulate compelling comms strategy and recommendation.
- Project & Team Management: Ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks. Deliver an effective integrated Wavemaker solutions to the clients with the support of Content and Digital specialist teams.
In 6-12 months:
- Establish trusted advisor status – able to support the broader strategic output for clients’ marketing and communication needs.
- Lead and direct team members to support in the development of award winning campaigns by delivering industry first or media first ideas.
- Drive incremental revenue YOY.
- Serve as the thought leader in aligning comms thinking with client’s business goals and objectives.
- Develop and present comms strategy and channel approach across digital and offline.
- Assume lead role in campaign integration across all different work streams in the agency including specialist teams.
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans with a focus on digital and ensure the team deliver on agreed KPIs.
- Drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms.
What you will need:
- Minimum 6 years experience in a media agency with at least the last 2 years based in Singapore.
- Proven track record of exceptional client relationships in current media agency.
- Proven track record of strong ability to develop and present campaign strategy that leads to successful sell-in of ideas.
- Demonstrate good understanding of digital tech, digital channel landscape and how channels interplay across paid, owned and earned.
- Possess existing relationship with media owners in Singapore (offline and digital).
- Experience in new business pitch in a media agency – part of the core pitch team and actively participated in the development and presentation of pitch presentations.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.