The Glitch | Senior Graphic Designer - Design
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering and creating designs for an allocated cluster of brands. The role will have a team to guide and help through the various challenges that the job brings.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
This role reports to:
This role reports to the Creative Head & the respective Art Director
3 best things about the job:
1. An opportunity to work for leading brands from various, and seeing your work displayed on social media platforms.
2. Working with a team of enthusiastic people who share the same interests as you, and have the smart eye for every small detail in designs.
3. A chance to brush your skills and learn from your team and seniors, you will grow in the field along with the company as well.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- To conceptualize and implement design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion.
- Manage an entire campaign, not just the production of specific pieces, and demonstrate an ability to keep team members working within established deadlines.
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software and apply typography techniques
In six months:
- Designing original pieces, including illustrations and infographics.
- Reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high quality.
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives etc
In 12 months:
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our ongoing projects.
- Liaise with APM and Strategy teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools.
What your day job looks like at The Glitch:
- Create & modify fonts according to brand guidelines
- Work on multitasks at the same time using a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design
- Awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design
- Creates professional designs and layouts for promotional material by creating templates, handouts, advertisements, posters, signs, logos, and other visual layouts
- Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to organization promotion strategies
- Prepare new and unique illustrations, innovative layout prints and rough sketches of presentation and organization brochures and designs graphics for the website in line with branding guidelines
- Detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated and meeting deadlines
What you’ll bring:
- Proven graphic designing experience.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Graduate degree.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
More about The Glitch:
The Glitch is a digital-first creative agency headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Delhi and Bangalore. We help brands impact culture and solve their business problems by marrying deep strategic insight with our core creative & content capabilities.
Discover more about The Glitch at http://www.theglitch.in/
Follow @followtheglitch on Twitter
Follow The Glitch on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-glitch/?originalSubdomain=in
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.