Essence | Business Group Head, Offline Planning, Flipkart
About the role
Essence is looking for a Business Group Head to be part of our offline Media Planning Team. Reporting to the Business Director, there is a plethora of learning waiting to be explored as the job profile demands not only regular traditional planning, but also a mix of comms approach, activation and digital knowledge. Through the experience, you will gain thorough knowledge of the media marketplace and the opportunities available. You will also get the chance to manage end-to-end media plans from brief to planning and to execution. If you are willing to go an extra mile for the role and learn from the best in the business, reach out to us!
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with the client
- Ensure that necessary documentation is done relating to contract & billing
- Ensure that deliverables are sent as per engagement calendar
- Manage a team and oversee their work to ensure it meets quality standards
- Arrive at actionable solutions using secondary data analysis (IRS/TAM/TGI etc.) and by drawing upon media planning experience.
- Collate knowledge from different groupM agencies and trading teams; commission primary research as required
- Participate in pricing / rate card development
- Get involved in the buzz within the team, working on over and above plans – sharing briefs with partners, external & internal, getting work done
- Learning and experience across traditional, digital, on-ground and branded content planning, even audit requirements
A bit about yourself:
- Proficient in developing media strategy and creating traditional mass media solutions
- Knowledge and practical experiences in industry software such as BARC/ IRS / TGI
- Strong understanding towards consumers, business and marketing
- Keeping abreast of current industry communication / media thinking
- Excellent strategic innovation & creativity skills and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of media tools and techniques / processes
- Understanding of all media channels (includes digital) and disciplines and the ability to develop simple and actionable ideas into strategies that matter
- Team player and positive attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.