GroupM I Associate Director, Trading
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Mindshare, Wavemaker, MEC and MediaCom.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
As an Associate Director for Trading, you will assist Head of Investment in leading the group’s investment strategy across key partners to
- Create supply and trading strategies to deliver the best value extraction for our clients
- Unlock innovative and scalable media partnerships
- Creating unique inventory and data partnerships for proprietary media products across multiple media platforms
You will be accountable for ensuring the implementation and delivery of the trading deals at a group level as well as working with each media agency to deliver each client’s business objectives, providing ATL and digital marketing expertise.
3 best things about the job:
- Working within the investment group of the biggest media agency company in the Philippines to lead first in market trading models to provide continuous value for its clients and agencies.
- Working alongside GroupM’s digital leaders, who are the best among the media agencies in the country, to shape the future of the digital landscape in the Philippines.
- Working within the biggest media agency in the world , with leading technology and processes making it truly world class.
Measures of success –
- Enhance and Optimize existing trading structure.
- Effective management of relationship with agencies to push trading strategies and directions.
- Manage pricing and benchmarking to produce optimum buying strategies to give best price and values to GroupM clients.
- Oversee vendor relationships to ensure fulfilment of trading partnerships’ deliverables
- Work with regional teams to supply data and information required to build and align trading models in both ATL and Digital.
These goals will be achieved and supported through the following actions:-
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with agency and client to understand business needs and define enhancements from key media owner to create solutions to drive client outcomes
- Track and monitor vendor fulfilment of partnership commitments to track GroupM agencies fulfilment of volume commitments, helping them to maximize value extraction from these partnerships and minimize leakage from preferred suppliers.
- Create new & innovative trading currencies to give GroupM clients an unfair advantage.
- Develop and manage project plans, roadmaps, and milestones as applicable
- Partner with the agency to provide training for adoption of digital standards and best practices pertaining to digital planning and media owner engagement.
- Work with agencies on new business process to ensure GroupM deliver best in class trading position.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, information management, social sciences or business/marketing related fields
- 10+ years media buying experience, digital experience an advantage
- 8+ years of people management experience or managing cross-functional teams
- Experience working in an agency environment and knowledge of the agency media campaign planning and execution process
- Experience in project management
- Industry Knowledge in marketing and/or advertising technology and data
- Experience in marketing strategy related to media and/or customer journey development, including budgeting, revenue forecasting, ROI development
- Proven Negotiation skill
- Solution development: analytic skills, critical thinking and clarifying strategic & operational issues as relates to media. Problem-solving skills to drive issues to resolution
- Established media owner relationships
- Knowledge and experience with matrix marketing technology (e.g. Data Management Platforms), ad-serving (e.g. Google DCM, Atlas), web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) an advantage
- Effective writing and presenting skills delivered to senior level executives.
- Proven expertise to lead staff and to build and manage relationships effectively in a matrix organization