GroupM | Senior Media Planner
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the digital account, including implementation planning and trading. An original thinker, you are a natural at building trusted and influential relationships with clients and media partners.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion
3 best things about the job:
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge on client category, brands and specific client requests and needs to provide appropriate input and direction to the agency units driving the entire value exchange process
- Lead account ‘project manager’ for the entire business accountable for achieving deadlines across all campaigns and deliverables
- Act as key liaison accountable for the entire work product (for assigned client brands) among each business unit (Business Planning, Invention and Exchange) that contribute to the overall media plan development process both internal and external
In this role, your goals will be: In three months:
- Begun to develop relationships with the key day-to-day team, client and media partner contacts
- Used your strong media contacts to unlock innovative solutions for the client both proactively and in response to briefs.
- Have a clear understanding of the day-to-day implementation and reporting tools utilised by the team
In six months:
- Motivated and inspired the team to produce a high quality work
- A thorough understanding of the client’s business, working as an extension of their marketing team and fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Become familiar with the Mindshare Adaptive Marketing Framework, and applied it to client briefs
- Been involved with annual negotiations to maximise client investmen
In 12 months:
- Ensured that your client servicing is best in class
- Trained and mentored junior team members
- Shared your specialist digital knowledge with the agency to contribute to our continuous learning environment
- Ensured client is kept up to date on the media landscape, providing necessary media information and updates and competitor reports.
What you’ll bring:
- Developing innovative and effective digital communication solutions in response to client briefs
- Ensuring creativity, accuracy and timely output across the portfolio.
- You will have a strong point of view on the digital landscape and will be comfortable presenting new, innovative thinking to clients.
- Your success will be measured through success in team engagement, delivering award-worthy case studies, impressive feedback scores from clients and year on year delivery against financial targets.
- Under graduate degree in communication or media or business management (Post-graduate/masters preferred)
- At least 5 years in media planning experience or related field required
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with the concepts, approaches and issues involved in tactical media planning
- Familiar with the timelines, processes and needs of the implementation of all media
- Knowledgeable about new approaches to and developments in tactical planning
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to make decisions and use critical thinking
- Knowledge and use of various research systems
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.