Media Lab | Data Analyst
Media Lab is looking for a passionate Data Analyst to join the team working across their client, Westpac Banking Group. This role will work across media and onsite web analytics for brand and performance campaigns.
The position will support our digital media strategist teams who work with clients to track, measure and communicate data driven strategies to a wider group.
The Data Analystis responsible for collating, analysing and reporting full funnel metrics across the banking group. The ideal candidate needs to make data informed decisions, collaborate with digital trading teams and digital strategists to drive continuous improvement and marginal gains across campaign performance. An analytical mindset and strong attention to detail is a must.
Previous Adobe/Google analytics experience is required to extract data and clearly communicate insights back to internal teams.
Our close working relationship with the Westpac team also offers exposure to data insights and trends across the entire organisation.
The Westpac business is a mature media client with an advanced technology roadmap, strategic planning frameworks and approaches to data. You will work across a range of technology stacks to assist you in bringing data insights to the heart of media delivery.
Reporting of the role:
You will sit within the Performance strategy team and report to the Digital Strategy Manager. The Performance strategy team work across all Westpac portfolios.
3 best things about the job:
- Newly created team within the agency, lots of opportunity to shape the direction of the role and provides exposure across a variety of client briefs and channels.
- We’re completely dedicated to one client, meaning there are great opportunities to develop client relationships, as well as gaining exposure to their business beyond media
- It’s a great agency to work! We are very well resourced and we all have a very positive work-life balance
Measures of Success
In three months:
- Become proficient on the client’s business and product portfolio
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of Westpac and Media Lab’s compliance processes and their role in our work
- A strong understanding of key technology platforms, with the ability to teach wider team data insight tools
- Been exposed to presenting data trends, highlighting incremental value and business value and delivering next steps to continue learnings
In 6 months:
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team at Westpac
- Start to understand various paid and onsite media opportunities within the Westpac’s portfolio
- Building reports with minimal supervision from your manager. Reporting should include data analysis that finds ways to improve campaign planning (outside of pure observation).
- Identified data trends within your portfolios and worked with digital strategist and digital trading teams to build into test and learn framework
- Started to identify and present data trends, highlighting incremental value delivered to the business and start forming an opinion on next steps to continue learnings
- Demonstrate a passion for the data analysis through your team. This includes staying up to date with media trends and providing an opinion on media back to your team.
- Driving effective process control through the team, including the regular contact and the meeting of all compliance
In 12 months:
- Leaning in and supporting client delivery meeting with your manager, including taking the lead on identifying and presenting data trends, highlighting incremental value to the business and discuss next steps to continue learnings
- Began to lean in on end to end performance strategies across your portfolios, with support from planning team
- Start managing the flow of work into the team, by prioritising, adjusting expectations (internally/externally) and understanding opportunities for efficiency in process.
- Become a trusted advisor in data analysis to the client, together with your manager.
- Have formed strong opinions about the data analysis for the business, including thought leadership within the agency.
- Working on special projects outside of the day-to-day.
- Leading and owning the client relationship, specifically with data driven reporting and insights. This includes a positive working relationship, regular face-to-face communication and a professional tonality to all communications
- Proactively adding value to the team based on digital campaign performance
What your day job looks like at Media Lab:
- Solid understanding of data driven strategies with ability to identify key data trends.
- Ability to articulate data
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure alignment of performance goals across business functions
- Ability to analyse data through and identify opportunities for marginal gains across full customer journey
- Work with digital teams to build out data driven hypotheses to improve overall customer experience and drive incremental digital sales
- Ability to report and share performance results to key stakeholders. Experience in owning reporting conversation, using data at the heart of all insights and outcomes while demonstrating knowledge of business goals
- Monitor trends in always on performance and share with relevant team to be actioned accordingly
- Attend agile working streams and meeting at the client when required
- Train, develop and coach your team in technology and planning standards
What you'll bring:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematics background – you must love working with numbers and enjoy new ways to look at/craft a story from data
- Inquisitive - curious about all aspects of data analysis, with a desire to understand the how and why behind data.
- Proficient in Excel, SPSS and PowerPoint
- Experience across Google and Adobe products
- Keen to learn and nurture in what can be a dynamic environment
- A passion for the media industry and an understanding of the media landscape
- A willingness to work with different data tools
- Good relationships within the marketplace
- Good at working independently and as part of a close-knit team
About Media Lab
Media Lab is the dedicated media community for the Westpac Banking Group. With collaboration at the heart of everything we do, we have developed a shared vision with the Westpac marketing team as well as aligning our values and behaviours all of which are built on a foundation of trust and transparency.
We are a team of 50 specialists working across all paid, owned and earned channels using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections across the full ecosystem of channels.
Our teams are built around discipline expertise and connected by a truly channel neutral planning and analytics team. Together they apply a scientific approach to planning which guides our thinking working in tandem with deep partnerships with key creative, media, technology, and data partners. This allows us to build bespoke teams to tackle challenges where we are all working as one regardless of background or employer. What gets us out of bed every day is to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Our way of working and philosophy makes Media Lab what it is, both in terms of our culture as well as the work we do and the performance we drive.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.