Mindshare | Analyst (Data Visualization)
Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Analyst, Data Visualization to join us.
In this role, you will design, build and updating of interactive dashboards to help the client-teams and clients reporting on media campaigns and/or delivering data solutions products. You will be a master at visualizing complex data using variety of 3rd party and open source tools connected to our propriertary data platforms
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Associate Director, Data Consulting & Solutions
Best thing about the role
Mindshare is the market leading media agency in the fastest growing region of the world, but we are far from complacent. As part of the Regional team, you will have access to the best and latest thinking on integrated brand to performance solutions that you can deploy for your clients. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with some of the best domain experts in the industry. The flat regional structure provides autonomy and control in ways of working and mobility across markets and domains.
If you have start-up spirit and thrive in fast-paced working environment, then you should be part of this team. You are part of a pioneering group of people to create bespoke data solutions for the client-team and client use. Concurrently, it is a great opportunity for you to push the boundaries of complex data visualization.
You will be part of ULTRA DNA (Data & Analytics) team as part of the FAST team offering in Mindshare. Also, will be working closely with the ULTRA Trading Team on the daily basis.
Measures of Success
3 months :
- Familiarised yourself with our media performance dashboard, and the data sets that sit beneath it, and the role it serves for our client teams
- Worked closely with the ULTRA teams (Data & Analyics and Trading) to define the data visualization requirements for a client engagement.
- Familiarised yourself with the tool/s and platform in order to build a client dashboard.
- Creating at least two new data solution products for media and supply performance
6 months :
- Successfully delivered a set of key visualizations tailored to the client-team and client use case.
- Suggested new visualization techniques and/or dashboards to enhance the dashboard product offering.
- Created at least two additional data products which business and operational needs
12 months :
- Become the regional expert on dashboarding (technically as well as best practices)
- Effectively collaborated with the local agencies to design data visualization for other client engagement opportunities.
- Proactively explored new data visualization tools and techniques in collaboration with the wider global Data & Analytics team.
What You Will Need
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in dashboard designs and implementations. You will be familiar with and have experience of visualization tool as well as may required to showcase some of the past works in this field.
The successful applicant should have:
- A good degree in Computer Science (Multimedia), Engineering, Data & Analytics.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in creating dashboarding
- Knowledge of key vidualisation and reporting solutions such as Power BI, Tableau, etc
- Some knowledge of data manipulation tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with open source visualization technologies such as Java, D3 and R and how to operationalize client facing solutions based on these frameworks.
- Formal training in related topics such UX design and/or web design is welcome but not essential.
- Knowledge in Programmatic, digital media and advertising
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-cultural business partners and stakeholders, and strong team player.
- Proven track record of delivering independently – to quality and timelines
You will report to the Associate Director, Data Consulting & Solutions. Your team will consist of four specialist in Singapore
We are nearly 7,000 people in 86 countries with one aim: to be our client’s lead business partner. What does that mean? Well it means that when our clients have a problem, a challenge, a product or even a thought, that we are their first port of call. Not a creative agency, a consultancy or a research firm … but us. We are part of the leading marketing communuications group in WPP and the largest media holding company in the world in GroupM.
If you join us, you join a company that sets the rules for Media companies the world over and today is increasingly going toe-to-toe with creative and digital agencies and consultants. We continue to innovate and set the industry benchmark.
Mindshare APAC leads the market by virtually every single survey or quantitative and qualitative analysis from R3 Agencyscope, R3 New Business League, Campaign and much more. We have won over 400 awards in the past year - and we have won Network of the Year awards multiple years in a row including Campaign Asia Pacific Agency of the Year, SMARTIES™ APAC Agency Network of the Year and Festival of Media Asia Pacific Agency Network of the Year. We capped off 2018 with an impressive double win of Media Agency Network of the Year and Digital Agency Network of the Year at the Campaign Asia Pacific Agency of the Year awards.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com