GroupM | Senior Manager E-Commerce
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Senior Manager E-Commerce to join us. You will be the expert in the group who has depth experience and knowledge in E-commerce business who can be the consultant to our key clients on building their E-commerce business in the complex market across multiple E-commerce platforms.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to General Manager - Digital
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to explore career in the rising field of E-Commerce
- Opportunity to work with various categories of global and local clients; from FMCG to luxury
- Be the expert on eCommerce to guide clients to devise and implement the right E-Commerce strategy
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand and manage client expectations and work on deliverables
- Gotten an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients
In six months:
- Setting the digital way-forward for brands, setting the digital direction.
- Successfully pitch for new businesses.
- Having developed solid relationships with e-retailers, devise E-Commerce strategy for clients.
In 12 months:
- Become the team lead on the account.
- Independently propose E-commerce overall strategy to meet clients’ requirements, new products, new initiatives.
- Be the keep driver of E-Commerce for GroupM.
What your day looks like at GroupM:
- Make annual, quarterly, monthly media & promotion plans in line with brands’ annual marketing/sales plans and conduct execution & optimization based on performance results and sales ROI.
- Make monthly, quarterly, annual performance analysis, reviews and give recommendations for next E-Commerce and digital campaign.
- Collaborate with e-Retailers (open markets, social commerce, general malls) to seek new media opportunities to drive more eCommerce sales.
- Have regular sales performance review meetings with clients, in which assess EC and digital campaign and EC promotion activities and provide insights/recommendation/action plans by analyzing and reviewing traffic by T/P and its sales trends correlation.
- Build and oversee a data-driven, long-term digital E-Commerce roadmap that will positively impact the customer’s experience and the company’s strategic and financial goals
- Help us think beyond just the obvious platforms. Present innovations and developments in the eCommerce space to key client stakeholders and outline potential new ways of working to enhance the eCommerce search proposition across their business.
- Design, create and implement all new E-Commerce strategies, plan and procedures.
- Responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices.
- Assist and be part of the client pitching team for E-Commerce.
What you’ll bring:
- Google Certified, (otherwise will need to be certified before the end of probation).
- Keen interest in digital and digital trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills/ presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Go getter with a keen nature.
- 3-4+ years’ experience in digital planning / marketing / media / E-Commerce role.
- Must be a BBA / MBA from a reputable university of equivalent.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
The Pakistani media and entertainment industry expected growth in 2018 is 10%. The introduction of 3G and 4G along with a Cellular Mobile Tele-density of 70.83% makes Pakistan’s an exciting market with enormous potential. The rapidly increasing 45 million user internet subscriber-base with a 50mn broadband subscriber base (24.5% penetration) shows an optimistic growth for any media and advertising professional.