GroupM | HR Business Partner, Manager
3 best things about the job:
- You will be part of a team of young passionate individuals with hip leadership and loves thinking outside the box.
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the region
- The chance to work with an award winning media agency
Measures of success:
In three months, you would have:
- You will be familiar with the way of working in the team, company process and daily routine responsibilities to instilling a more thinking on how to use certain resources
- You will build good relationship with internal clients.
In six months, you would have:
- Pick up the tasks assigned well.
- Work independently and make efficient communications as the key interface to internal employees, cross-team within HR e.g. reward, talent acquisition, learning, etc., and other key working counter parts.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Lead local or national HR project.
- You will understand the full picture of GroupM HR life cycle.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Business Partner: You will be the partner of the local leadership team(s) to align our people strategy with their business, promote their brand as employer of the choice, support the change management. It is extremely important that the individual understands their business and direction, as well as challenges of their operations and implications to talent development.
- Resources/Staffing Costs planning and management: You will drive the process of resources planning for the agency/team through working together with the leadership teams and Commercial Director. On daily basis, the individual will closely monitor the situation of resources/staffing costs and partner with the leadership and HR team for an effective team/resources structure.
- Compensation/benefits and HR operation process and policies: You will support local and national C&B and HR team to ensure smooth process and implementation of HR operational process and policies.
- Talent Development and Performance Enhancement: You will be the champion of talent development and Professional Development Plan for the agency/team. Through working with the leadership team, Talent Directors & China L&D Director and her training team, the individual will be in charge of the process of talent and performance review and develop the program to address the gaps.
- Retention: You will be the key person for the agency/team to review, suggest, communicate and implement retention program including employee satisfaction survey, etc. to have stabilized team.
- Internal Communications: You will support the leadership team and agency Talent Director for internal communications program.
- Employee Relationships: You will be the contact point for all employees in the agency/team when they seek for advice and address concerns.
What you will need:
- At least 6-7 years of human resources operational experience in MNCs, preferably from communications industry including advertising or media.
- A strong communicator with effective listening, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to quickly understand the business strategy, financial environment and team dynamics and apply the knowledge in selecting and developing talent.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in English and Chinese.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
China is now the second largest media market, and the world’s most vibrant digital market, growing at double the rate of the US. In 2013, China surpassed the US in e-commerce, and China leads the world in mobile with over 600m smartphone connections. The pace of change and the scale of China’s emerging consumer market are unparalleled in any other market. Global CEOs are looking to China to drive growth, and brands are rushing to keep pace.
If you want a future in media and communications, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than China, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.