MediaCom | Typesetter
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Typesetter to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for producing accurate print ready artwork (type and layout) from a brief or template from existing artwork styles or new artwork supplied by creative or external. Primarily specialising in HVFT advertising (High Volume Fast Turnaround). Able to operate at a consistently good level in InDesign and working knowledge of the main software programs – Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and Quickcut Responsible for QA on all artwork produced to ensure integrity of client artwork.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Studio Manager
3 best things about the job:
1. Great team culture
2. Wide range of clients
3. Learning opportunities
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Develop a sound understanding of dozens of all clients’ branding requirements.
- Follow Studio procedure to set, track, quality assure and dispatch multiple print ads daily.
In six months:
- Provide advice and support to the media team on specifications and print requirements relevant to newspapers all over Victoria.
- Take ownership and manage studio house-keeping projects, such as file management, tearsheeting and archiving.
In 12 months:
- Provide expert subject matter advice to both clients and stakeholders on print advertising specifications and branding requirements.
- Look for ways to support the wider MediaCom Melbourne teams and promote the services of the studio to clients and stakeholders.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Creating artwork based on pre-existing templates
- Dispatching artwork to publications
- Quality checking the work of other designers
- Using project management software to keep track of jobs and when they need to be dispatched
- Providing design solutions based on clients branding
- Managing multiple design jobs daily
- Interacting with client-facing account team to ensure jobs are delivered on time and to provide advice
What you’ll bring:
- Great attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Solid understanding of InDesign for print design
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Problem solving mentality
- Desire to learn
- Tafe qualification in a design related course
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.