Mediacom Commercial Director
Mediacom is one of the media agencies of GroupM which is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Commercial Director for Mediacom based in Gurgaon .
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Regional Finance Director, South Asia
Three best things about the job:
1. Independently managing entire finance operations of MEDIACOM
2. Exposure of International reporting
3. Part of WPP group
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Gain business knowledge
- Understand business and reporting requirements
In six months:
- Provide support to business team during deals
- Timely reporting of company’s performance to local and Group management
In 12 months:
- Provide support to CEO in driving business
- Budgeting/forecasting and monitoring on a monthly basis and provide feedback to business teams
- Develop and maintain cordial relationship with clients
What your day job looks like at Mediacom:
- Working as a Commercial Deal Architect with the Business Operations Team which involves working on pricing & Compliance of complex deals independently.
- It also involves working with various internal stakeholders on compliance & legal related points so as to ensure there are no contracting issues/surprises at the later stages.
- Develop and maintain cordial relationship with clients
- Prepare Budget and Revolving Forecast and submit to Centralised Commercial and MIS team
- Review Monthly revenue and profit &loss of business and provide variance explanation
- Monitor actual performance against budget/forecast and provide feedback to Business team
- Since the Company is a part of US listed group it has to comply with SOX requirements.
- Comply with Group reporting requirements
- Support Central Finance team to comply with all reporting, accounting and audit requirements imposed by Company Law.
- Develop and manage all financial control and processes, in line with the business strategy, plans and processes, while ensuring adequate financial controls, discipline, and statutory compliance.
- Direct and review project costing and ensure complete controllership and profitability analyses of projects.
- Transform the organization to make it a robust & professional company with a competitive edge having very well-defined norms of corporate governance.
- Supervise all finance personnel
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of corporate structures, corporate law, financial regulation and financial governance
- Highly developed commercial acumen, including the financial management skills to monitor the finances of the company’s commercial operations
- A desire to continuously learn and update oneself
- The ability to assess the risk / return profile of the business investments
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self-motivated
- Will need to have a minimum experience of 12 years to a maximum of 15 years
- Chartered Accountant with 12+ years of experience in managing finance function preferably in Media industry
- MBA and knowledge of IFRS would be added advantage
- Advanced computer skills. Exposed to an Erp environment
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.