Movent | Social Crawler Developer
Reporting of the role
3 best things about the job
- Work with a dynamic team that builds the world leading content marketing platform.
- Learn tricks and techniques on how to best gather/crawl data from various sources with the guidance of seasoned and experienced developers.
- Build a strong foundation on data and analytics that can be an asset to your career in the future.
Measures of Success
In three months
- Perform ETL – Transforming raw data into models
- Create driver and integration script
- Setup and manage Distributed Kafka Server and elastic stack
In six months
- Develop social API using Java
- Develop kafka producers and consumers
In 12 months
- Develop monitoring platform for all ETL services
- Be a key element of the frontend team, mentoring the juniors and ensuring the high level of quality of your deliverables
Responsibilities of the role:
As a social crawler developer, you are responsible for developing scripts using social API and tools to gather and transform data for mContent Platform.
- Develop scripts to gather data for mContent using social API.
- Responsible for designing and creating the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions for mContent
- Perform test on their designs to ensure the system runs smoothly
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Developing back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
What you will need:
- Graduate of any 4 - 5 year Bachelor's degree
- 3 - 4 years experience as a Developer
- Minimum of 2 experience in developing scripts using Java, PHP and Python
- Minimum of 3 experience creating server scripts
- Minimum of 3 experience Linux administration
- Technical knowledge/hard skills:
- Background in ETL using Talend or Informatica
- Background in Datawarehouse
- Experience in using Elastic Stack
- Experience in using NodeJS
- Passionate about new technologies
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Highly driven, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- A hands-on operator prepared to get involved in operational areas
- Welcomes challenges.
Acquired by WPP in 2013 and previously known as Netbooster Asia, Movent has evolved from the leading digital agency in the Philippines to a specialized Tech & Data company with global influence. Today, we proudly conceptualize, design and develop solutions that shape digital advertising of the future. Led by entrepreneurs, made of technologists and driven by innovation, our team has stood together for more than 10 years, developing a unique expertise in the digital content and media business. Based in the heart of BGC in a modern open office, we are part of GroupM, managing nearly one in every two ads in the Philippines.
About the project: We’re building a world leading content marketing platform. We aim at answering what content a brand should do and with whom. Value extraction from the processing and analysis of web and social content data is done through our own AI infrastructure. We have developed an API driven platform using a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and industry standards like Google’s Tensorflow, Facebook’s PyTorch and Apache Spark for machine learning, Elasticsearch for distributed search and analytics, Apache Kafka for building scalable streaming data pipeline all of which are built on top of PHP-based API-Platform and ReactJS that leverages automated deployment and scaling via Kubernetes.
About our team: We are about 50 business analysts, UX specialists, Data specialists, Junior and Expert developers, QA managers and support leads. We value curiosity, initiative, collaboration and education. We train new members and promote self-learning to constantly acquire new technologies. We have strong family values, we promote a healthy work-life balance and adopted flexible ways of working based on performance and responsibility.
Philippines market overview
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.