Wavemaker | Precision Technology Executive
3 BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB:
- Being part of an inspired, passionate, dynamic & talented group.
- Work with top Philippine corporations & talents allowing for excellent training and exposure to the media industry.
- Flexible & fun working environment.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
In three months:
- Be proficient w/ team’s core suite of tools (Google based).
- Be capable of managing and delivering team’s core product with minimal guidance from seniors
In six months:
- Be highly proficient in team’s core suite of tools, as well as GroupM’s proprietary platforms
- Function as a credible tech-resource to assigned client-servicing teams
- Be independent (or close to complete independence) in managing and delivering core output
In twelve months:
- Be able to independently manage and support client-servicing teams
- Be able to develop strong relationships and top notch rapport with clients
- Be a credible champion of a branch of application of team’s competencies
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be prepared to get involved! The office work is fast-paced and exciting but that means you should be ready to adapt to challenges and have good prioritization skills.
- We’re not looking for someone who will just copy and paste work and solutions for new briefs. We’re going through a step change as we move away from just best practice execution but also covering best practice strategic thinking too.
- Shy and retiring wallflowers may find the role tricky too as there is much face-to-face time involved in the role, not only presenting to clients but also internally to the rest of the Wavemaker team.
- We should be ideas led and creativity is crucial. Owning that one thought, that strategy and that one thing that puts us in the driver’s seat is an important goal for every project we undertake.
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned with our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviors and insights into smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED).
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.