MediaCom | Client Director
Overview of job
MediaCom are currently looking for a Client Director to join our retail team leading both the KFC and Indeed recruitment accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the day to day client relationship. You will build trust with the clients and act as their consultant and trusted advisor whilst also leading the strategy and investment team through key briefing responses and keeping to project timelines.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Client Partner of the Retail team.
3 best things about the job:
1. Working with one of the smartest and most dynamic brands in market who have, through their sophisticated media planning, seen growth for the last 7 years.
2. Working within a highly integrated team across all media platforms, business analytics and sponsorships.
3. Collaboration with other agency partners all working to a common goal.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Have a full understanding of the client’s business (KPIs, key challenges and how they differ from other brands).
- Have a strong understanding of the clients competitive set
- Have a strong understanding of the MediaCom structure and specialist services
In six months:
- Managing the day to day output of the team with high quality and high responsiveness to client requests
- Thorough knowledge of both the QSR and Recruitment media landscapes and establish relationship with key media owners.
In 12 months:
- Begin to consult with clients on their business and how MediaCom can influence business outcomes
- Lead and deliver all client responses to brief with the team.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Managing and being responsive to client requests
- Manage the day to day workload of the team to meet deadlines
- Work closely with the specialisms to ensure you are up to date with their latest offerings
- Work closely with media partners on responses to briefs or pro-actives.
- Ongoing learning of the client’s category/competitive activity as well as the changing media landscape
- Attending meetings – internal, client and cross-agency
- Attending conferences/seminars to keep up to date with trends, insights and client’sC business categories.
- Always be questioning – using the insights at our disposal, either through the strategy team or business science, consider how this might affect the overall communications for clients.
What you’ll bring:
- Be curious – always ask Q’s (to clients, media partners)
- High attention to detail to ensure the teams output is of the highest quality
- Proven experience in managing people and ability to adapt management style
- Strong team player – able to build key relationships internally, with clients, with agency partners and with the media
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate difficult client situations/manage expectations
- Ability to identify revenue driving opportunities for the agency
- Previous agency experience in either an investment, strategy, planning or client role
- Excellent account service skills
- Strong collaborator
- Must have previously worked at Manager level or above
- Some working knowledge of the broad media landscape
- Understanding of Ehrenberg Bass Institute research would be beneficial
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.