GroupM | Senior HR & Talent Director, Korea
GroupM Korea is looking for a Senior Talent & HR Director who will oversee all Talent, HR and administration activities of the Group in Korea covering 3 operating companies and 300+ employees. In this role, you will be responsible for talent planning & management aligned to support agency business partners, organizational development, change management and HR best practices around operational excellence – to help achieve the current and future strategic business objectives of GroupM Korea.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the CEO of GroupM Korea and Chief HR & Talent Officer of GroupM Asia Pacific.
3 best things about the job:
- A dynamic environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial while simultaneously being part of a transforming global media investment company.
- Exciting exposure and learning in the media industry, which is fast evolving from the regular Print-Ads, Radio and TV to Digital (Naver, Daum/Kakao, Google, Facebook, YouTube, Programmatic, etc.).
- Chart new territories to grow this exciting and interesting business as a team member of the Korea senior management team.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Operational Support. On monthly basis, provide updated information and analysis including new hires, departures, exit interview results, opening, staff costs, team productivity etc. to the agency and function.
- Agency framework. Ensure the Framework of the Agency including structure, job design, skill analysis, compensation bench marking, etc. developed through working with the CEO and leadership team.
In six months:
- Talent Development Plan. Ensure systematic talent development plan in place and clear path of actions including training and other career plan designed for team members and ownership and accountability assigned.
- Ensure all team members with complete PDP/KPIs and mid-year reviews are conducted in a professional way.
- Employee engagement. Conduct quarterly employee survey to gather voice from the team and work with leadership team to address concerns and propose engagement initiatives to improve retention and morale of the Agency.
In twelve months:
- You will have developed close & trusted relationships with Agency Heads and other functional leaders in order to identify and partner in the delivery of their unique leadership development & transition challenges.
- You will have continuous, high end engagement with the leadership team and the HR team & external providers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Business Partner: The position will be the day-to-day business partner to the CEO and leadership team of the Agency in Korea to provide strategic and operational support through leveraging resources of GroupM Korea HR team.
- Organizational development: The position will facilitate the discussions under guidance from the Chief Talent Officer and the CEO of the Agency, and support implementation of the organizational development initiatives, which include structural development, job design, skills and training needs analysis, compensation benchmark, etc. with consideration of Agency global and AP’s mandates and business strategy/priorities of the Agency in Korea to ensure the leadership position of the Agency.
- Performance Enhancement:The position will lead the Agency’s PDP review and KPIs setting process and ensure on-going/mid-year reviews are conducted in a professional way. Based on feedback of PDP reviews, the position will work with the Agency’s Korea leadership team and GroupM HR team to identify career development/training opportunities for individual team members. At the end of year, you will work closely with the CEO and leadership team of the Agency to have rigorous review and allocation of incentives upon performance against PDP/KPIs.
- Talent and Career Development Plan: The position will be the champion of talent development program for the Agency in Korea. The specific responsibilities include talent review, talent gap analysis, talent action plan and communication/alignment with team leaders/individuals, as well as monitor and evaluate the progress. The ground work will be supported by individual HR teams in three locations.
- Training: The position will work together with the Agency leadership team to ensure proper selections of participants to the right training program based on budget situation of the Agency. The position will also follow up with individual team members and their supervisors for post training assignment to ensure effectiveness and ROI of our training investment. The position will also work with the leadership team and regional/global resources to support agency specific training and talent develop program.
- Retention and Internal Communications: the position will be the key person to review, suggest, communicate and implement retention program including quarterly employee satisfaction survey and annual employee engagement survey, etc. to stabilize and motivate team members.
- Culture and Team Building:The position will take the lead to develop and implement initiatives to nurture and strengthen Agency’s culture and team spirit.
What you will need:
- At least 15+ years of Human Resources background, with 8 in a managerial position
- Multi-national company experience in a fast-growing, large volume and high complexity environment
- Ability to work across business functions with strong consensus building skills to move a strategy forward
- Ability to quickly audit and identify issues in a complex situation
- Excellent ability to quickly grasp the company’s operation and business drivers, and will possess a high degree of integrity and independence
- Intellectual capacity to gather information, analyze and rapidly make decisions and recommendations dealing with all functions in a complex and multi-faceted business is essential
- Must have the business maturity and confidence to make recommendations and influence stakeholders that these, while not always popular, are in the best interest of the company and its vision for the future
- Experience working in a matrix organization with responsibilities of national-markets
- High flexibility/ambiguity, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Solution and result oriented
- Creative thinker, strong communicator
- Excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is a plus.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operation in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, MediaCom, MindShare, Wavemaker and Essence.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.