Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work across a diverse multinational client portfolio
- Opportunity to be a self-starter and to flex entrepreneurial skills in order to accelerate value-added services with clients.
- Work with young and energetic team
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Immediate immersion on the accounts/brands and getting to know the clients.
- Learn and apply Wavemaker proprietary planning tools to derive insights to deliver sound media recommendation and setting appropriate measurement metrics.
- Able to work on campaign briefs with minimal supervision, providing strategic recommendation with strong insights (collaboration with Strategic Planners) and channel tactics.
- Good time management and able to follow through on process and delivery timelines.
- Develop strong bond and working relationship with the team, and be able to coach and groom Planner(s).
- Demonstrate good collaboration with various divisions.
In six months, you would have:
- Able to independently take briefs and identify new opportunities and innovative media ideas for clients.
- Identify opportunities that helps driving revenue growth
- Established strong team and client relationship, and to be the first port of call by client on day-to-day dealings.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Ensured implementation of campaigns that help drive digital revenue growth contributing to overall team revenue KPIs.
- Deliver good campaigns with strong business results worthy of awards submission.
- Case study created
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Ownership of media strategy and implementation across clients.
- Support Business Director in the relationship development with these key clients – be the first port of call for marketing opinion and advice.
- Oversee the delivery of world class media solutions across your client base working with Managers/Planners and Executives in the digital specialist units
- Up-selling of diversified products
Talent Management & Development
- Support Business Director in the development of team members in all areas of digital – educate and equip.
What you’ll bring:
- Experienced in coaching and training Planners on day to day planning operations.
- Experienced with the local media market landscape.
- Good interpersonal skills with teams and clients.
What you will need:
- 3 to 5 years of managerial experience in Media.
- Media agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge in digital planning is an advantage.
- Experience with FMCG clients preferable but not mandatory.
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
Hong Kong market overview Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.