MediaCom | Creative & Partnerships Project Manager
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Creative & Partnerships Project Manager to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations for your client; responsible for taking briefs, working with strategy and internal teams to respond to briefs, managing content partnerships and dealing with clients. You will support your Content Partnerships Director and ensure we deliver an excellent standard of service and that deadlines are met.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Content Partnerships Director
3 best things about the job:
1. Working in an exciting and award winning team within a global network
2. Working on partnerships and creative projects for some of the worlds most recognised brands
3. Opportunity to shape branded content projects that not just use pop culture but help create it.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand all the content and creative services available through MediaCom Beyond Advertising.
- Responsible for the management of content partnerships on one of our largest clients.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan and manage project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Manage multiple stakeholders at client, publishers, production partners and internal agency teams to bring the strategy and brand to life
In six months:
- Be seen as the go to person for all your client projects.
- Scope and develop effective project timelines as well as budgets; and proactively managing both scope and time line creep
- Ensuring all estimates and purchase orders are created and shared with client, and that all appropriate resources and risks have been scoped out and taken into consideration
- Proactively identify risks and develop and communicate solutions to contingency plans and manage accordingly.
In 12 months:
- Confidently own conversations with media partners including EP’s as the custodian of our clients’ brand.
- Work closely with all MBA teams to deliver the best creative & partnerships product.
- Be responsible for new business and growth of the team.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Work closely with the Strategic Planner on the creation of unique and insightful channel strategies that meet the client need
- Assisting in the development of content marketing response to briefs with the content strategists, creative, data, digital and social teams
- Identify opportunities where we can contribute and add value to client’s business.
- Working with Content Partnerships Director to allocate resource nationally to respond to briefs and manage work
- Assisting in developing relationships with production companies and freelancers in order to have a roster of best in class suppliers with preferred rates and relationships;
- Keep up to date on all regulatory matters relating to the Content discipline
- Build/Maintain strong client relationships through best in class servicing
- Own part of both internal and client WIP meetings
- Understand the client’s business, category and market trends
- Ensure team are delivering timely and accurate reporting requirements
- Ensure accountability to client KPI's, deliverables and value delivery
- Work with Marketplace/S&P/SBU collaboratively to ensure delivery of all metrics
- Immerse yourself in the client’s world, try their products/services, and talk to consumers who have done the same, hot desk from their offices
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in excellent client servicing
- Amazing project management skills – either as an account manager with production experience or a producer with account manager
- Capability of dealing with difficult client situations
- Strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders – client, client team, creative and production agencies, media suppliers
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Previous people management experience, with the ability to define your management style and expectations for your team
- Developing understanding of how to give effective feedback
- Developing ability to be able to identify revenue driving opportunities for MediaCom
- 3+ years of project management or partnerships experience
- Experience working in a media agency or publisher is preferential but not required
- Agile project management experience
- Understands the various platforms of television, digital and film and has created content for the same (all mediums along with digital preferable)
- Should have had a successful track record of project deliver targets in the content & creative space
- Experience working with media networks and/or creative agencies
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.