Essence | Senior Media Planning Executive
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
About the role
Media Planning Senior Executives are responsible for analyzing data, thinking creatively and dreaming up innovative strategies to make sure marketing campaigns reach the right target audience in the most effective way possible. Armed with this critical analysis, media planning managers devise, propose, or recommend strategies for using certain media effectively to attract and retain customers, increase brand recognition, and maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Audience research in syndicated and 1st party data sources
- Creative spec management
- Support in the creation of tactical plan presentation and the actual media plan
- Oversee the successful launch of campaigns using the “Launch Tracker”
- QA of media plan set up conducted by various Activation team members
- Collate commentary on media performance and conduct first review on quality
- Adherence to team quality standard for reporting template and delivery
- Keep consistent track of campaign performance and target (monthly) across all channels, flagging needs for intervention
- Use understanding of campaign and marketplace to contribute ideas for campaign experiments and also prioritize experiments contributed by other team members
- Use understanding of campaign performance to contribute content to campaign wrap-up presentations
A bit about yourself:
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in digital media, advertising, marketing
- Working knowledge and effective vocabulary across search, social, display, video, and/or programmatic media buying
- Experience with Media Research Tools (Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov)
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong reasoning skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.