Essence | Senior Investment Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, Nando's and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,600 people strong, manages over $3.6B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Investment involves defining our long-term global investment strategy, and establishing and maintaining strong and mutually profitable relationships with our suppliers which deliver on the strategy and creating the environment and framework within which Essence will get the best value (best quality and lowest price) from our suppliers.
You will need to be the day-to-day Investment POC internally during the planning process, and coordinate internal resource.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Understand the digital marketplace through meeting with all suppliers in the market, identifying their strengths or weaknesses. Scrutinise them in order to have a perfect understanding of their business models and how they can help our planning teams and clients objectives
- Build relationships with key suppliers, to ensure the perfect communication flow is in place; increasing opportunities, reducing conflicts and ensuring best service/ price
- Ensure the cost we have with all suppliers is best in market. Negotiate volumes and rates, aiming for improvement on an ongoing basis
- Advise planning teams with your knowledge of the market, suggesting best options or flagging potential risks when building media plans in early planning stages
- Coordinate/deliver x2 a year market reports to monitor market trends and positions
- Troubleshoot and provide support to all the teams under demand to unlock conversations leveraging our higher level contacts in the supplier side
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key media owners
A bit about yourself:
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and eagerness to learn
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are particularly important
- Highly computer literate with good skills in all basic Office programs
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.