Media Lab | Digital Campaign Manager
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Media Lab is looking for an experienced and passionate Digital Campaign Manager to join the team working across their client, Westpac Banking Group. This role will work across all paid digital media (brand and performance) with a focus on technology and data.
The Digital Campaign Manager is the lead for digital planning and buying across their business unit, as well as managing the implementation of campaigns to market through their well-resourced team. The role has exposure to all aspects of digital media, including social, programmatic, video and emerging media.
It’s the perfect role for someone looking to develop their planning skillset, but who’s not prepared to let go of the dynamic world of investment. Additionally, the role offers plenty of client exposure, and is perfect for someone who wants to either maintain or improve their client facing skills. Our close working relationship with the Westpac team also offers exposure to business units across the entire organisation, not just media.
The Westpac business is a mature media client with an advanced technology roadmap, strategic planning frameworks and approaches to data. You will work across a range of technology stacks to assist you in bringing campaigns successfully to market.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Digital Director. You will have a team of executives and coordinators reporting to you.
3 best things about the job:
- Allows you to work cross discipline from planning to investment, and in a wide variety of channels
- We’re completely dedicated to one client, meaning there are great opportunities to develop client relationships, as well as gaining exposure to their business beyond media
- It’s a great agency to work! We are very well resourced and we all have a very positive work-life balance
Measures of Success
In three months:
- Become proficient on the client’s business and product portfolio
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business, and be on track to deliver these
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of Westpac and Media Lab’s compliance processes and their role in our work
- A strong understanding of key technology platforms, with the ability to teach your team
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team at Westpac
- Understood the various owned and earned media opportunities within the Westpac’s portfolio, and identified possible ways to integrate those into your responses
- Gained a thorough understanding of the key processes and campaign deliverables to be able to produce successful campaigns.
- Driving effective process control through the team, including the regular contact and the meeting of all compliance
- Management of individual campaigns from implementation planning through to campaign performance analysis/reporting
In 12 months:
- Established positive leadership position across the agency
- Began to lead digital portions of the portfolio, end to end with minimal input from Planning Director
- Working on special projects outside of the day-to-day.
- Leading and owning the client relationship, specifically with implementation. This includes a positive working relationship, regular face-to-face communication and a professional tonality to all communications
- Proactively adding value to the team based on digital campaign performance
What your day job looks like at Media Lab:
- Continuously improve planning and implementation standards across the team
- Acting as a key point of contact for the media team across the Westpac brands
- Working closely with the performance strategy and planning leads to activate campaigns
- Lead the relationship with media owners to ensure a strong understanding of the business
- Analyse the market for key industry updates and trends
- Ensure campaigns are activated in market with 100% accuracy, through your team.
- Negotiate responses to achieve the very best delivery of all campaigns
- Attend agile working streams and meeting at the client when required
- Train, develop and coach your team in technology and planning standards
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years (local) experience who is keen to teach, train, nurture and can work in a dynamic environment
- A passion for the media industry and a strong understanding of the media landscape
- A keen interest in driving performance of your client’s business
- A willingness to work within performance planning principles and data driven planning tools
- A preference to collaboration and team-based working
- Strong attention to detail
- Digital technology skills, specifically across Google and Adobe products
- Good relationships within the marketplace
About Media Lab
Media Lab is the dedicated media community for the Westpac Banking Group. With collaboration at the heart of everything we do, we have developed a shared vision with the Westpac marketing team as well as aligning our values and behaviours all of which are built on a foundation of trust and transparency.
We are a team of 50 specialists working across all paid, owned and earned channels using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections across the full ecosystem of channels.
Our teams are built around discipline expertise and connected by a truly channel neutral planning and analytics team. Together they apply a scientific approach to planning which guides our thinking working in tandem with deep partnerships with key creative, media, technology, and data partners. This allows us to build bespoke teams to tackle challenges where we are all working as one regardless of background or employer. What gets us out of bed every day is to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Our way of working and philosophy makes Media Lab what it is, both in terms of our culture as well as the work we do and the performance we drive.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.