Mindshare Fulcrum| Director - Media Strategy
Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Director -Media Strategy in Fulcrum. In this role you will be responsible to lead media strategy for a set of brands of the largest FMCG brand in India. You will be working on the brand strategies for all the brands in that group. You will also support the team to develop and sell integrated communications strategy based on brand understanding, consumer insights and market/media dynamics.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Principal Partner - Business Planning & Strategy
3 best things about the job:
- Get to work on iconic brands in the FMCG business
- Work with the largest Advertiser and Leader in the FMCG segment
- Fulcrum is part of Mindshare, India’s leading media agency
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Present brand and plan strategies to key the clients handled
- Understand the Mindshare Fulcrum way of working and can navigate through the verticals
In six months:
- Win client confidence
- Initiate and deliver at least 2 key projects which are award worthies
- Work & submit award entries, which GroupM leads our industry
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
- Lead the annual marketing strategies of a set of brands along with the Client Leadership team and specialist units
- Participate in the Integrated Planning process
- Participate in thought leadership projects along with the Unilever team
- Drive consumer understanding to draw insights that impact our brand plans
- Keep abreast of media innovations and developments and find links to enrich brand plans
- To participate in idea generation sessions
- Writing entries for media and other awards
- Application of tools like IRS, TGI and experience in product development in the media space
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to interact and relate with broad spectrum of people from different backgrounds.
- Attention to detail and accuracy (oversees the production and delivery of quality outputs at all times)
- Experience in media planning and strategy (end to end communication planning)
- Sound understanding of media mix modelling, statistical techniques
- Good team player, Self-Motivated, Resourceful, Independent
- Ability & Willingness to take up responsibility in areas other than specified objectives/goals
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships
- In depth understanding of report writing, presentation preparation and delivery
- Adept at handling multiple clients and different stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with troubleshooting, problem defining & solving capabilities and skills in solving different issues
- Sound marketing (research) knowledge and analytical skills
- Cultural awareness
- Open to New Challenges and Solutions
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a media agency
- Should have a keen interest in brands and marketing
- Preferred exposure / Understanding of Digital, Data, Research/ Analytics
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.