Mediacom l Senior Manager - Media Planning
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- You would be working in one of the most creative, product focused media agencies in the market
- Scope to work on various target segments and categories
- Exposure to working in a network with global clients and stakeholders across multi-media touchpoints.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Complete knowledge of the relevant categories.
- Manage media monies – full responsibility on the campaigns, end to end
- You would be expected to have full understanding on all of your portfolio of clients
In six months:
- Highly involved in the buzz within the team, working on over and above plans – sharing briefs with partners, external & internal, getting work done
- Create a 360 planning approach for new campaign
In 12 months:
- Learning and experience across traditional, digital, on-ground and branded content planning, even audit requirements
- Be the seamless bridge between local clients & regional/global agency team.
- Worked on award entries, which GroupM leads our industry
What your day job looks like at GroupM
- You will be responsible to manage the day-to-day relationship with the client
- You will ensure that necessary documentation is done relating to contract & billing
- You will ensure that deliverables are sent as per the engagement calendar
- Arrive at actionable solutions using secondary data analysis (IRS/TAM/TGI/groupM tools etc) and by drawing upon media planning experience.
- Collate knowledge from different groupM agencies & trading teams; commission primary research as required.
- Pricing / rate card development
What you’ll bring:
- Strong business, marketing & consumer understanding
- Keeping abreast of current industry communication / media thinking
- Strategic innovation & creativity skills , excellent presentation skill
- Analytical skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of media tools and techniques / processes
- Understanding of all media channels (includes digital) and disciplines and the ability to develop simple and actionable ideas into strategies that matter
- Team player and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skill.
- 4+ years of experience in Media Planning
- Good understanding of brands and its operating arena in media
- Understanding of media terminology, Media software BARC, MAP (TGI), campaign planning. etc
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.