Mindshare | Analyst
Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Analyst to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering advanced analytic consultancy solutions; and leading the implementation and training of propriety media planning tools.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Sally Hellyer, Head of Business Planning, and Brett Camilleri, Head of Data & Analytics.
3 best things about the job:
- Working in an integrated team of cross functional specialist, with expertise in Data Science and Engineering, Media Planning and Strategy, and Digital and Offline Media Buying
- Accessing leading edge Marketing Analytic technologies and platforms, and getting to interact with leading tech providers
- Developing your technical skillsets via bespoke training courses and advangeM (GroupM’s training academy)
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Completed training on, and have a strong understand of, Mindshare’s propriety media planning tools
- Met with agency and client stakeholders to better understand their business needs
- Have an understanding and involvement in key phases of delivering an econometric project to a client
In six months:
- Responsible for the data management of key analytic projects
- Undertaken exploratory data analysis, and generated insights and recommendations for client
- Led training sessions on how to use Mindshare’s planning tools with agency stakeholders
In 12 months:
- Experienced at building client presentations, and leading discussions on key sections
- Worked closely Mindshare’s Worldwide team out of London, to enhance and innovate Mindshare’s media planning tools, ensuring they are customised to meet local needs
- Exposed to new analytical techniques, such as Machine Learning, Attribution Modelling, Propensity Modelling, and Custom Bidding Algorithms.
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
- Lead and manage analytic projects, both internal and external
- Responsible for all data management aspects of projects; e.g. request, collection, cleaning, harmonisation and quality assurance
- Identify and resolve data quality issues across all data sources
- Assist with the development of best practice data processes
- Undertake data exploration and analysis, including correlation analysis, data mining, and trend analysis
- Work closely with supervisors to create and deliver project presentations to key stakeholders
- Provide client insights & ROI recommendations based on econometric output and other analytic techniques
- Product owner of key proprietary media planning tools; responsible for building, updating and training of these tools
- Help develop new product and analytic techniques
What you’ll bring:
Essentially skills & knowledge:
- Highly numerate with an analytical mind with a definite interest in media and marketing
- Personable with strong presentation / communication skills (verbal, written, and formal and informal presentation)
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams (both internal and external)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in analytical or data roles
- Outstanding People & Project Management skills
- Experience programming in key data and analytic software packages, such as Python, R, SAS, SQL, or similar
- Experience using Business Intelligence software such as Tableau, Power BI, Datorma, Data Studio, Looker or similar
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Theoretical or practical experience with econometric modelling and/or other modelling techniques
- Previous work in media, marketing, data management, consultancy or research is highly advantageous
- Understanding of media and marketing, and how the media planning process works
- Understanding of digital media and platforms, i.e. ad servers, Facebook, AdWords, etc.
- Experience using cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services and Azure
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning models
- Two to five years’ work experience is desirable, but not essential
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.comand follow us on Twitter @mindshare andfacebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.