Wavemaker | Associate Integrated Planning Manager
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for an Associate Manager to assist the Manager / Group Account Director in preparing and implementing successful communication strategies founded in client’s business objectives and relevant research.
In this role, your duties will be varied and challenging. You will utilize your in-depth knowledge of consumer behavior, trends and the media landscape to create insightful strategies for our clients.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing timelines in your team and liaising with your colleagues on deliverables to ensure that campaigns run effectively.
Finally and but not less important, we expect you to live and transcend the values of Wavemaker in your team and in the organization. These values are what makes us special and sets us apart from competitors.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- You will work on various accounts which will challenge your critical thinking & creative ideations
- Having fun whilst learning on the job with cool people at the company
- Daring to be different to stand out from the crowd & strive to succeed
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Build good rapport with clients. Proactively participate in meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Competent in planning all digital channels and managing digital integration within the bigger communication plan.
- Own projection management, ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks.
- Rigor in setting and tracking campaign KPIs. Ensure effective and accurate optimisation and delivery of performance utilising all relevant internal teams, agency processes and tech.
In 6 months:
- Establish credibility by applying understanding of clients’ category/competitive landscape and marketing priorities in day to day communication. Actively lead meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Holistic digital thinking is carried across channel planning and drive innovative solutions beyond tried and tested with outcomes that can be clearly measured.
- Direct and mentor the team to drive operation excellence throughout project implementation.
- Strong ability to assess attribution of marketing activities (eg. owned and earned) to paid channel performance to optimise overall campaign performance.
In 12 months:
- Build trusted advisor relationship with clients. Able to support the broader strategic output for clients’ marcom needs and inject your digital specialization.
- Fully competent in developing and articulating a compelling digital strategy/approach to successfully sell in campaign recommendation or new initiatives.
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of channel plans and creative solutions that are planned holistically with the broader media mix.
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Assume lead role in integration of client’s media efforts and demonstrate full understanding of client’s businesses and marketing objectives as basis for all future work
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans with a focus on digital plans and deliver on agreed KPI’s
- Drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms, including display, video, search, mobile & social
Managing & growing digital revenue through existing & new client wins
- Partner with account & specialist leads to drive integrated digital solutions
- Partner with performance, content & analytics colleagues/vendors to develop outstanding & pioneering brand solutions
- Partner externally for Wavemaker & client competitive advantage
- You have a Graduate/Post Graduate degree relating to marketing and you have been working with media and communication planning for 3-5years. Preferably you will have leadership experience from your previous role.
- You are a team player with good interpersonal skills and you thrive in an energetic and fast paced environment.
- An affinity for numbers and experience in Excel is highly desired.
- In summary you will require strong skills in business management, client leadership, strategic thinking, POE digital media, and people development.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.