ITV | Group Head - Marketing Research
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Group Head - Marketing Research for one of our group company viz Interactive Television Pvt Ltd, based in Gurgaon .
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
General Manager – Research & Business Development
3 best things about the job:
- Leverage data & research strength to bring transparency for cinema media and industry as a whole
- Be a thought leader and a consultant to internal and external stakeholders
- You get to create, develop and sell business winning ideas
Measure of success –
In 3 months,
- Understand the GroupM way of working and can navigate through the verticals
- Understood ITV’s existing tolls and be able to lead them
- Aligned with the research vendors and commercial process for all the research studies
In 6 months,
- Won client confidence through setting up process to ensure seamless delivery of services & solutions
- Leverage GroupM internal teams to deliver best in class output.
In 12 months,
- Emerged as a go-to person both internally and for client for strategy & insights solutions
- Successfully delivered 70+ research (cinema measurement) studies for various GroupM clients
- Atleast 4 award winning ideas/ case studies
- Atleast 4 business performance case studies
What your day job looks like at Interactive, GroupM:
- Has a deep understanding of market research and analytics (correlation, linear & multivariate regression, factor analysis, brand image profiling, cluster analysis) and can discuss issues/ research briefs from multiple angles.
- Hands on experience on TGI, BARC and IRS data.
- Has a deep understanding of research methods and solutions from leading market research agencies in order to customize and design solutions to meet the client requirements.
- Responsible for all project deliveries – ongoing and new solution development, CAM – Cinema Audit & Monitoring, BUZZ INDEX, Ad Impact research – AdHoc research for cinema measurement & Cinema in A Box – dashboard management.
- Ensure 100% quality and error free work. Manage timelines and project deliveries from vendors.
- Help design/customize solution to suit client needs.
- Should have knowledge of managing and creating dashboard (online and offline)
- Should have done or have knowledge of social media listening and data mining.
What you’ll bring:
- Able to design, implement, and analyze primary research with minimal supervision
- Strong in quantitative analysis
- Radical thinking
- Proactive and enthusiastic about creating pioneering work and award winning solutions
- Smart professional who can think on his/her feet
- Quick Decision-Maker
- Solution oriented
- MBA from a leading business school.
- Prior work experience of 6-7 years in market research industry
- Should have a strong problem-solving ability
- Basic understanding of media and advertising.
ITV is one of the India’s leading cinema advertising company. ITV offers diverse range of services both on screen and off-screen representing a wide range of cinemas in India and the only company in India to provide international cinema advertising. ITV’s vision is to be a data driven & tech enabled company and it offers the first of its kind monitoring system for cinema advertising in the form of CAM (Cinema Audit & Monitoring), movie buzz monitoring via BUZZ INDEX and Ad Impact – a customized research to gauge the incremental reach by cinema medium. With all these endeavours ITV is committed to making cinema medium more accountable and measurable for advertisers.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.