MediaCom | Head of e-Commerce
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for some to drive thought leadership for client and performance teams, in order to drive the e-commerce transformation agenda. The Head of eCommerce will foster and facilitate the intra-agency relationships between performance media, content, digital analytics and eCommerce, and be the crux of external partnerships with retail partners, performance platforms, bid and campaign management tools. He/she will effectively leverage experience, knowledge and skills to inspire innovative thinking and set challenging team goals and objectives in service of the client’s objectives.
The role would be based out of our Asia Pacific centre in Singapore and cover multiple markets across the region.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer, Asia Pacific
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to develop a team fit for the changing nature of performance media in the marketplace, with a greater emphasis on navigating a digital landscape which now includes prominent eCommerce platforms across the region
- A fun, flexible work environment that combines the best of entrepreneurialism whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Working within a proven, high performing team with an excellent network of support and development opportunities within MediaCom-GroupM and WPP
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- You will be up to speed with MediaCom Performance hub’s services, tools and client business
- Understand our value proposition and able to articulate this confidently
- Manage key partner & internal relationships to drive strategic integration of the e-Commerce product
In six months, you would have:
- Operate with Product lead to deliver a learning agenda baked into clients’ business needs and media challenges
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Be the agencies go-to eCommerce consultant, with a demonstrated ability to help clients transition from disparate performance approaches to integrated end-to-end marketing
In 12 months, you would have:
- Identify strategic opportunities and thoughtfully develop recommendations to drive growth for MediaCommerce
- Introduce provocative thinking internally and externally
- Identify new E-commerce trends and opportunities for business growth and implement action plans. Work closely with data & analytics and operations teams to plan out campaigns
Responsibilities of the role:
- You are the client’s go-to eCommerce & Performance consultant. You will develop proposals around end-to-end performance activation to help the brands deliver strong performance and growth.
- Be the bridge to drive collaboration and deliver on holistic performance principles, being the crux of external partnerships with engine partners, search platforms, bid and campaign management tools
- You will champion the importance of data-driven strategy. Identify gaps in performance, propose and test creative solutions, and measure performance to continuously add value to the space.
- Apply insights and recommendations from proven best practice, while always considering fit and purpose for local consumers and marketplaces.
- Help us think beyond just the obvious platforms. Present innovations and developments in the eCommerce space to key client stakeholders and outline potential new ways of working to enhance the eCommerce search proposition across their business.
- Build effective working relationships with the Analytics teams and wider MediaCom
What you will need:
- Leadership experience in eCommerce roles but not only be a ‘platform expert’.
- Bring an in-depth understanding of performance marketing. In-depth practical and theoretical knowledge of Digital media and analytical techniques would be a strong advantage
- Prior experience in an agency setting is not required, and we welcome candidates from the brand, publisher, and AdTech world.
- Client-facing experience with the ability to both present to an audience in an articulate and engaging manner and develop one-on-one relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork.
- Willing to challenge clients and colleagues based on proven case knowledge and experience
- You should be culturally flexible and enjoy working with teams from across different countries, and be comfortable traveling if required
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.