Essence | Group Head - Offline Planning
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, Nando's and the Financial Times.
We are looking for a Business Manager with offline planning experience of minimum 3 years. This is a high impact, critical position to manage planning work for a leading e-commerce brand.
Reporting of the role
The Role Reports to the Practice Lead
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being a part of the most exciting business in the organization
- A role where there are no limits to good ideas
- Best client, encouraging most exciting work in the country
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Understand the agency function
- Able to adjust to the clients working style and deliver on day to day requirements
- Understand the know-how of Traditional Media
In six months:
- Master Proprietary Tools
- Championed TVC
- Create Strategic Plans for the client
- A great relationship with the client
In 12 months:
- Independently taken charge of the client requirement
- Enterprising delivered on client’s requirements with cutting edge solutions
- Motivated team
Responsibilities of the role:
- To build and foster client relationships by taking charge of the client’s media requirements from formulating strategies and plans to final implementation.
- Provide media plans across mediums post media brief mining and other data analysis.
- Provide insights led solutions for brand problems through Change Planning and other media tools. Generate ideas for brands and lay down communication approach to achieve innovations across mediums.
- Contribute to new business presentations and analysis through insights, media plans and innovations
- Focus on the quality of output/consistent performance/professional code of conduct/sense of ownership/honesty and integrity.
- Lead a team by supervising and mentoring them to raise the quality of deliverable to the client
What you will need:
- Media understanding, plans working knowledge, campaign management experience with both TV, print, radio and Non-traditional media – activation, cinema etc.
- Minimum 7 Years work, preferably within media, communication, and advertising
- Strong business, marketing & consumer understanding
- Keeping abreast of current industry communication / media thinking
- Strategic innovation & creativity skills , excellent presentation skill
- Analytical skills – both qualitative and quantitative
- Strong knowledge and understanding of media tools and techniques / processes
- Understanding of all media channels (includes digital) and disciplines and the ability to develop simple and actionable ideas into strategies that matter
- Team player and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skill.
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.