GroupM | Data Analytics
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Talent Analytics Partner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering business-relevant insights about people to support segmented and targeted initiatives that build people capabilities, improve employee engagement, strengthen the culture, and attract and retain the right talent.
The successful candidate will be responsible to build the Analytics function and support the digital transformation of the HR organization, focusing on insights, visualization and efficiency as main deliverables and critical success factors.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head HR Operations, APAC
3 best things about the job:
- You get to build Talent Analytics function and support the digital transformation of the HR practice across APAC
- Deliver Talent insights to support targeted Talent initiatives
- Never ending opportunity to hone your analytics and visualisation skills
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Build HR DataMart from scratch to gather and store HR data systematically
In six months:
- Visualize and present HR stories and dashboards for key HR metrics and identifying root causes of changes
- Analyse data to determine best practices of reporting and determine ways to simplify and automate standard reporting.
In 12 months:
- Identify issues/trends and outliers and form hypothesis/present findings to enable business workforce planning activities.
- Support budgeting/planning on headcount, company-wide salaries and benefits cost and cost of HR programs.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the HR database and dashboard
- Responsible for generating and analysing data for the following purposes:
- Insightful Talent information to empower operational and exploratory analysis and to determine solutions with meaningful impact.
- Monitoring key metrics and understanding root causes of changes in the metrics.
- Monthly HR dashboard and reports required by business units
- Periodic reporting of people metrics such as headcount, turnover, etc.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners in understanding and reporting headcount and people movement.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analytics support for projects/initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to collate data from different markets and visualize via dashboards
- Ability to translate data and analyse into actionable insights and recommendations
- Natural curiosity with ability to identify, analyse, and resolve problems logically and systematically as required.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in HR or Quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience handling and harmonizing data from disparate sources, visualizing them as dashboards using Tableau etc. Added plus if this experience is in the HR domain.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau. Proficiency in Python & R will be advantageous.
- Operating knowledge of HRIS (preferably Workday) is a plus
More about GroupM
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.