Wavemaker | Planner, Integrated Media
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director / Associate Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to hone your skills in media planning before you move on to lead and own a project.
- Be the person to take the extraordinary out of the ordinary and be the heart and soul of the brands you represent.
- Making media more prominent and meaningful during client conversations.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the media landscape and business challenges and begin to contribute ideas on how to improve on current situation.
In six months:
- Be the second-line person whom the client goes to for day-to-day activities. Able to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges.
In 12 months:
- Master the working process and assist in leading a small scale project (identify need, formulate idea into plan, set the scope and present to the Manager).
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in the development of media plans that specify which forms of media will be used to effectively reach the target audience, including emerging media tactics.
- Develop the quarterly and annual media plan.
- Assist in maintaining budget updates and spread sheets.
- Report competitive analysis.
- Generate analysis of market performance.
- Work with buying team and team leader to ensure all buys and placements fit the overall strategy.
- Ensure financial process is followed in terms of client set-up and invoicing.
What you will need:
- Experienced level in a global media agency experience is preferred. Media Planning experienced upto 2 years
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn new media, trend, and technology and Ability to analyse results
- Ability of project management; ability to handle multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines
- Good analytical skills with consideration to company/client objectives
- media agency and/or digital agency experience working on media planning and/or digital planning
- Experience in developing and implementing analysis and reporting strategies and Experience with new/emerging media, a plus.
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.