GroupM I Operations & Technical Analyst
The Technical Project Analyst plays a pivotal role in ensuring infrastructure,services and transformation projects are delivered to the business, by partnering closely with our outsourced service provider; IBM, our WPP group infrastructure team; Coretech , and the GroupM Technology team. You will be responsible for driving projects and influencing key stakeholders while managing the partnerships between GroupM, IBM and Coretech, all whilst maintaining a service mentality.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Partner, Philippines and the Technical Project Director, Asia Pacific
3 best things about the job:
- Being the proxy to business and working in technology group,you get to play an influencing role on supporting the technology solutions to be delivered in the market.
- Joining the world's largest marketing services group and working with the world's largest technology service provider
- Significant autonomy and responsibility in making the role a success
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Have identified and taken over all on-going transformation and infrastructure & service projects from local market business partner and the delivery teams.
- Be the go to person for all project escalations on transformation and service projects
- Started managing projects and change control with some guidance
- Started understanding the market's technology compliance guidelines
In six months:
- Been able to manage projects and change control independently and confidently
- Be proactively managing transformation delivery and infrastructure &service projects
- Been able to assist Business Partner to support the market's technology compliance with some guidance.
In 12 months:
- Have dramatically improved the quality of the transformation delivery , and have cleared the backlog of infrastructure & service projects
- We can't live without you
Responsibilities of the role:
- Help Technology Business Partner in creating robust project definitions and proposals that align to WPP standards to be submitted through Op Group and Core Tech prioritization governance.
- Work with the Operating Group to ensure business specific input to both the Operating Groups and WPPs technology infrastructure projects and programmes.
- Drive relationship with key Operating Group sponsors
- Engaging with the Global Transformation Team , CoreTech SDM and Service Delivery teams.
- Managing Joiner,Mover and Leaver process and process controls
- Responsibility for Inventory Management an process controls
- Responsibility for on-going SOX compliance control
- Manage project scope and change control and escalate issues as necessary
- Plan and monitor the project progress; agree and align plans with the Core Tech team and submit regular reports indicating any deviations from plan at either stage or project level and any corrective action taken.
What you will need:
- Graduate of 4-5 years course preferably In Management Information System, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- At least 2-3 years with IT service Delivery Experience preferably with IT Project Management experience
- Independent tinker, strong decision making capabilities; you are not an administrator
- Highly organized, excellent planning skills with strong project management & change background
- Has sufficient credibility and gravitas , and ability to work with and relate to a highly demanding internal client base
- A direct,straightforward style, with strong analytical skills and able to cut to the core quickly
- Excellent people and team management skills, able to manage upwards and influence in a complex environment
- ITIL trained or Certified
- PMP or Agile Project Management
- Computer Science background or formal training
- Ability to challenge to clarify understanding
- Being accountable and keeping promises
- Ability to build trust and credibility
- Ability to communicate & influence at all levels
- Willingness to help the wider team and flex to meet high priority needs outside the core remit.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited to teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients let us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macroeconomic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.