WaveMaker | Senior Planner
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the leading global media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Digital Planner to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing exposure and involvement in the most important annual media strategy working, using a most advanced media planning process and thinking, and be responsible for enhancement to your subordinate’s professional capability, up-to-date industry knowledge and innovation sense. You are also expected to build and maintain a good relationship with other special units inside GroupM to facilitate daily operation.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Planning Manager.
3 best things about the job:
1. Young and like-minded colleagues working together.
- Work with amazing people from different units like strategic planning, social media and Data & Analytics to name a few.
- Full media planning across all traditional & digital media activities.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Have an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients
- Provide assistance in the evaluation of media opportunities
In six months:
- Assist line Manager in annual review/planning proposal for the client.
- Start to build a relationship with specialists from client side
In 12 months:
- Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day activities. Able to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges.
- Mentor new Planners/Interns and assist in leading a small scale project (identify need, formulate idea into plan, set the scope and present to the Manager).
- 1-2 years of media planning experience, with strategic planning experience.
- An independent, self-driven individual with highly responsible nature.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, managing complexity and challenges.
- Energetic, think differently, clear about career objective.
- Good command of English skills.
- Good at Excel/PPT/Word tools.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a new kind of global agency delivering transformative solutions through media, content and technology for some of the world’s biggest brands. We have an unrivalled collection of purchase journey data, over 500.000 journeys across 40 markets and 80 categories, and deploy our purchase journey expertise to spot opportunities and problems at every stage of the customer cycle and turn both into growth. Our 8,600 Wavemakers in 90 countries are diverse, integrated and leading-edge, from trading specialists to data scientists, ecomms experts to award-winning content creators. In China, we have 900 staff in 5 offices, with a client portfolio including Huawei, Daimler, Danone, CHANEL, Pfizer and Xiaohongshu.
Our mission is ‘Let’s make the Future’ – at a time when market and customer behaviour is disrupted 24/7, we never stop evolving to help clients succeed. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. For more, see www.wavemakerglobal.com.
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $113B in annual media investment through agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM creates competitive advantage for advertisers via its worldwide organization of media experts who deliver powerful insights on consumers and media platforms, trading expertise, market-leading brand-safe media, technology solutions, addressable TV, content, sports and more.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm