Mindshare Social Analyst
Content+ (a division of Mindshare) is in to content strategy and brand solutions for its clients. Content+ has a huge focus on data-driven consumer insights which go in to all aspects of the work being done here. For this purpose, we are looking for a senior social media analyst who would be involved in the process of understanding the consumer. This would involve sifting through data from several sources like social media, search landscape, industry reports etc. and identifying patterns and trends to get a holistic understanding of the consumer.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Social Analyst
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to be the best amongst the best
- Working within a proven, fast growing team servicing some of the biggest brands in the country
- Help some of the largest brands create data-driven content and campaigns
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Get a good understanding of the category
- Get a good hold on periodic hygiene reports
- Get a good understanding of all the tools we have at our disposal
- Get a good understanding of handling ad-hoc requests
In six months:
- Become an expert in all the tools available
- Find ways to improve/automate the process of generating periodic hygiene reports.
- Come up with an understanding of the audience behavior within the category
- Contributing to new business pitches
- Get a good understanding of how different teams in Mindshare function and how to best coordinate with them
In 12 months:
- Oversees and vets the process of periodic hygiene reports
- Be the go-to person to resolve any problems faced regarding processes relevant to reporting and analytics
- Find ways to improve on existing processes
- Ensure team members get well-aligned with the tasks at hand
- Be the got-to person for ad-hoc requests
- Imbibe all the corporate values of Mindshare
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
- Interact with the client servicing teams to understand client’s needs and identify what kind of research would best help the client’s objectives
- In-depth understanding the category
- Allocating work to team members
- Generating insightful reports which would feed in to the content creation loop
- Working on data sets from both traditional and digital media to understand patterns
- Creating strategy decks for up-selling to existing clients and for new client pitches
- Handling any ad-hoc projects on a client-need basis
- Brainstorming new ideas to apply data-driven insights in to creating content
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for research and analytics, a Team player and Loves Speed
- Ability to handle a team
- Ability to work across verticals / teams
- Understanding of broader processes related to analytics, research and reporting
- Great attention to detail
- Generating search strings, ability to sift through social data, handling social listening tools
- Analytical thinking
- Logical Reasoning
- Report Writing
- 2-3 years of experience in social media research
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Ability to correlate social data points with other business oriented metrics
- Familiarity with tools like – Talkwalker, Unmetric, Euromonitor, Google Adwords, Buzzsumo
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries.
Each office is dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands based on the values of speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare’s network of people are acutely aware of what's happening in their city, and believe all great communication begins and ends in media.
In 2014 Mindshare Asia Pacific was the only media agency to be ranked in the top ten in Campaign Asia’s Most Admired Companies survey, and was also seen as the best agency to work at in the region.
Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.